Backlight issue on my TV

Go to solution Solved by badreg,

Some useful information here:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/tv-always-automatically-reduce-its-brightness-whenever-theres-a-dark-scene.1190561/

Apparently, changing the input name to PC affects this behavior. Give it a try.

I bought a new LCD (UN55RU8000FXZA) for my office to play computer games on while I'm not working. It works great when it's hooked up to my PC, but I noticed a weird effect when playing games on consoles or watching any kind of television. When the scene of the game or video I'm watching goes dark, the entire TV dims way down and I can barely see anything. It's like the backlight of the TV is adjusting itself way down when it notices the scene is dark. There are zero options in the menus to fix this, and I've disabled any kind of auto contrast feature and all energy saving features are disabled, yet the problem persists.

I have a copy of GTA5 for both PC and for PS4. So I decided to cut out as many variables as I could. I used the same HDMI input slot on the TV used the same HDMI cord, played the same game, didn't change a single setting on the TV. Yet, while everything looked normal on the PC version of the game, the backlight of the TV was adjusting automatically when using the PS4.

I know I sound like a crazy person, saying that the dark scenes on my TV aren't as bright compared to a bright scene, but I KNOW the TV's backlight is changing brightness dynamically depending on how bright the scene is. I just need help disabling this dumb feature. Help me please!!!