Am4 upgrade on a budget 2600 or 3600

So Im upgrading from an am3 mother board fx 8350 to a 2600 but ive been hearing to just go for a 3600 but my budget is 300$ for this upgrade so I dont know exactly what to do Im using amazon for this.

Well, the 2600 is a good CPU, but considering the massive leap in price to performance with the 3600 (being nearly twice as fast as last-gen for roughly $50 more), I would consider the 3600. With the stock included cooler (or a different one; up to you; would get same results) a 4.2Ghz overclock on all cores would run GREAT and likely quadruple the performance your used to coming from an FX 8350. I'm doing a similar upgrade myself (soon) from my fx 9590. I would suggest the 3600, paired with the MSI B450M-PRO M2 V2 motherboard (Cheapest B450 board where I am). Btw AMD is currently offering a free UEFI upgrade kit for those planning on using B450 boards (previous-gen) with the new CPUs, so probably check that out as well. The pair (Motherboard + CPU) shouldn't cost more than roughly $275USD altogether.

At your budget (assuming USD) I think 2600 makes more sense. You can’t get a R5 3600 and an X570 motherboard for under $370 or so, while earlier chipsets have been problematic for quite a few users. 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M