WHEA Uncorrectable Error on Ryzen 3000

AnthonyPaull

Alright guys, I got something that's basically stopped the BSOD's, I lowered my ram speed from 3000 to 2866, set a manual prime 95; stable overclock, and enabled debug mode in Nvidia control panel. I'll slowly turn each one back but I haven't had many errors since then. I'm still getting correctable hardware issues but I'm assuming this is par for the course right now. 

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Hate to throw a wrench in the works here but this is not an Nvidia issue. I also get the uncorrectable WHEA BSODs and my event log is filled with the correctable ones. I even got the BSOD on a fresh install of windows before I could install any drivers.

My specs:

AMD 3800X - Asus Strix Gaming E - GSkill Flare X 3200mhz 32GB - Radeon VII

The WHEA correctables point to the PCI Express Root hub and others the PCI Express Upstream Switch Port.

Right before the uncorrectable WHEA BSOD the event logs show about 50 or so correctable errors. The lastest BSOD was about 10 seconds after the system woke from sleep.

People with these BSODs are you using riser cable for the video card?

3 hours ago, backyardprospector said:

Hate to throw a wrench in the works here but this is not an Nvidia issue. I also get the uncorrectable WHEA BSODs and my event log is filled with the correctable ones. I even got the BSOD on a fresh install of windows before I could install any drivers.

My specs:

AMD 3800X - Asus Strix Gaming E - GSkill Flare X 3200mhz 32GB - Radeon VII

The WHEA correctables point to the PCI Express Root hub and others the PCI Express Upstream Switch Port.

Right before the uncorrectable WHEA BSOD the event logs show about 50 or so correctable errors. The lastest BSOD was about 10 seconds after the system woke from sleep.

People with these BSODs are you using riser cable for the video card?

No riser cable, I've just got a response from ASRock support with an AGESA 1.0.0.3 bios included to try, so I'm going to give that a shot. What motherboard is this occurring on for you? X370/470/570?

Screenshot_20190724-180112_Gmail.jpg

My GPU History: GTS 250, 7790, 7850, GTX 660ti, 7870XT, 7970, 280X, 280X Crossfire, 290, 290X, Fury X, 390 Crossfire, Fury Crossfire, 1070, 1080, 1080ti.

My CPU History: Pentium 4, Pentium E5300, Core 2 Quad QX 9650, Intel Xeon 1230 v3, 4790K, 3930K, 5820K, 1700, 3700X.

So I've been running a few hours on the 1003 bios and it seems stable but performance has dropped between 3 and 5%, cpu is only boosting to 4.325 for single core now and 4.0-4.15 multicore instead of 4.25 I was getting before... Bit dissapointing but I'll take stability first and performance later. Hopefully with later versions we have the performance and the stability... 

My GPU History: GTS 250, 7790, 7850, GTX 660ti, 7870XT, 7970, 280X, 280X Crossfire, 290, 290X, Fury X, 390 Crossfire, Fury Crossfire, 1070, 1080, 1080ti.

My CPU History: Pentium 4, Pentium E5300, Core 2 Quad QX 9650, Intel Xeon 1230 v3, 4790K, 3930K, 5820K, 1700, 3700X.

THATS AWESOME MAN I NEVER, THOUGHT OF ASKING ASROCK FOR A BETA BIOS, I MISS MY OLD BOARD, the gigabyte AORUS PRO WIFI is nice and everthing but i dont need ALL these bells I DONT EVEN WANT WIFI... when i got my x570 it came with agesa 1.0.0.3, and it worked fine just high voltages at all times , i got 1.0.0.3ab and it mostly fixed voltages as long as i messed around with a few settings... CHECK OUT

SORRY i didnt know that if i posted a reddit link it would post the entire thing here haha

and i agree in a few months everything should be good to go glad your well on your way to "stable"