Graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows

Hi I’ve been running into this problem where my graphics driver is not compatible with the version of windows. I’ve tried everything on the internet and nothing helped. I spent a good $800 on it and I don’t know anymore. Do I have to install the discs that came with the motherboard and graphics card for the games to not be slow. Pls I need help with this.imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Josephdepace918

What version of Windows do you use? GPU model?

Just now, pizapower said:

What version of Windows do you use? GPU model?

I use windows 64 bit and use a geforce gtx 1660 OC 6G

Are you sure that you didn't download Win7 or Win8/8.1 drivers?

Either these 2, 

1. You're on old version of Window 10, like version 1703 or older. (can check by running "winver" command)

Update your window if that is the case.

2. You download Standard version driver but your current driver is DCH version. 

Either download DCH version or nuke your current driver with DDU and then install the standard driver.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

xAcid is right.  If you installed windows 10 with the ethernet plugged in, Windows automatically installed what is called a DCH driver.  With that driver, you cannot install a regular driver from Nvidia (ever)  essentially.  

In order to remedy this, you need to unplug your ethernet to prevent windows from automatically installing a video driver and then uninstall the current driver with DDU,   reboot, then install the Nvidia driver from the website.  

*** Make sure you have the nvidia driver downloaded BEFORE unplugging the ethernet and running DDU ***

Once the Nvidia driver is installed, you can plug in your ethernet.

14 minutes ago, Wadzinsky said:

xAcid is right.  If you installed windows 10 with the ethernet plugged in, Windows automatically installed what is called a DCH driver.  With that driver, you cannot install a regular driver from Nvidia (ever)  essentially.  

In order to remedy this, you need to unplug your ethernet to prevent windows from automatically installing a video driver and then uninstall the current driver with DDU,   reboot, then install the Nvidia driver from the website.  

*** Make sure you have the nvidia driver downloaded BEFORE unplugging the ethernet and running DDU ***

Once the Nvidia driver is installed, you can plug in your ethernet.

So where would I go to do this 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Josephdepace918

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what I am looking at here.  If that is DDU, it's a version I am unfamiliar with

If you run DDU, you should have the option to uninstall any Nvidia related GPU drivers.  Leave any AMD drivers alone since they are for your chipset.