Can't get in to BIOS

I recently build a new PC but on my monitor the spash screen which would show the gigabyte aorus gaming logo and the instructions on how to get in to the bios never show up. Luckily my friends monitor works and i was able to install windows and stuff although it makes the solution even more confusing. Even if i spam the delete key on startup nothing happens and it just boots into windows normally and my monitor says "No Signal" until it get in to the windows lockscreen. The only way i can access the bios is to use my friends monitor which is an absolute pain to do. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite Motherboard 
RX 580 4GB Aorus Gaming

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz

500GB MX500 SSD
2TB WD HDD

750W Cooler Master PSU 
Phanteks P350X 

it must have the fastboot enabled

when inside windows, click in the start menu, configuration, recovery

in there click on the advanced boot option, when the pc restarts select troubleshoot, advanced options

there select uefi settings

the last step might have a different name on your motherboard

this will restart pc and open the bios menu for you

are you using a usb keyboard? 

18 hours ago, goto10 said:

it must have the fastboot enabled

when inside windows, click in the start menu, configuration, recovery

in there click on the advanced boot option, when the pc restarts select troubleshoot, advanced options

there select uefi settings

the last step might have a different name on your motherboard

this will restart pc and open the bios menu for you

are you using a usb keyboard? 

I don't have the UEFI settings and i don't know what it could be. Is it one in the image below or am i looking in the wrong place.

Also i have a USB keyboard and mouse that are both in the top 2 usb 2.0 ports

IMG_4415.JPG

the you have bios in legacy

you need to press the delete key like crazy

you could try using a ps2 keyboard to do it, sometimes the usb keyboard is not recogniced in the that moment

22 minutes ago, goto10 said:

the you have bios in legacy

you need to press the delete key like crazy

you could try using a ps2 keyboard to do it, sometimes the usb keyboard is not recogniced in the that moment

When I boot my PC the RGB lights on my keyboard come on go out and come on and again and is in Windows now. I can spam delete as much as want and it'll boot normally in to windows. My monitor will say no signal till the windows lock screen appears. However when I use my friends monitor the gigabyte logo shows during the process and using the same keyboard I spam delete and it goes into the bios all dandy. Also I don't have a ps2 keyboard. 

What do you mean by legacy bios and how can i make it UEFI?

have bios in legacy is just a compatibility feature you can enable, is useful sometimes, doesnt harm really

the problem with modern motherboards is that as you see they boot too fast, is worse if fast boot is enabled, i couldnt enter on mine anymore untill i went the path i already mentioned and disabled fast boot

yo could try using the f12 or f9 keys on keyboard that are other bios options, on some motherboards those options offer a enter in bios option sometimes

but if you can, get a ps2 keyboard, with those the bios has to respond

the last option would be remove motherboard battery, put the jumper in clear cmos and turn pc on for 20 seconds, turn pc off and remove jumper, put battery back

that process wipes bios, but to be honest, some bios now refuse to be wiped, at least mine did that

with a bios wiped you should be able to enter in bios easier

1 minute ago, goto10 said:

have bios in legacy is just a compatibility feature you can enable, is useful sometimes, doesnt harm really

the problem with modern motherboards is that as you see they boot too fast, is worse if fast boot is enabled, i couldnt enter on mine anymore untill i went the path i already mentioned and disabled fast boot

yo could try using the f12 or f9 keys on keyboard that are other bios options, on some motherboards those options offer a enter in bios option sometimes

the last option would be remove motherboard battery, put the jumper in clear cmos and turn pc on for 20 seconds, turn pc off and remove jumper, put battery back

that process wipes bios, but to be honest, some bios now refuse to be wiped, at least mine did that

Ok I'll try that at some point.
Thanks for your help!

13 minutes ago, goto10 said:

Ok so i tried the f12 and f9 keys on startup and what happened for both was:
i started spamming the key
the rgb lights came on 
the lights stayed on as if something has happened (never booted into windows)
and my monitor was like "Cable not connected" (from some reason no signal and cable not connected is the same thing to my monitor so i assure you that is not a problem)
i had to press the power button to turn it off and again to turn it back on to get into windows again

I cant reset the bios right now but i may try in the future.

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem. It's becuse the fast boot. 

You can work around:

unplug the HD sata cable and then do restart and then you  succeeded to enter the bios. 

• 6 months later...

The easiest way is to install "Aorus app center" in windows.
Open it and clic on fast boot icon. 
Choose desactivate (the first choice) and save.
Here is the french display :
image.png.0c73aac882efa117a575ef04b07f90dc.png

Then reboot and you're not in fastboot no more ;)