Dan A4 build for gaming advice?

Go to solution Solved by Daenny,
9 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

For your build I would go with he Asetek 645LT and a 2060 super. The 2060 super is essentially a 2070 that costs $40 less. The Noctua L9i should be fine, but it might limit your overclock. The Asetek 645LT should give you better OC room because of the limited air flow in the Dan A4. You could also go with an i7 9700k. I would not recommend any of the Ryzen 3000 processors. I just built a new system in the evolve shift and had to swap out the 3700x for the 9700k because the thermals were uncontrollable on the 3700x. 

I will consider the 2060 super then! What style do you think is better for this build, blower or dual fan. I hard 3 fan gpu might not fit in this case if using liquid cooling. If I decide on going for the i5-9600k and the 2060 super, would I need to do some tweaks? seen some people talking about delidding(im a noob) will that be neccesary? Thanks alot!

Hey!

Im going to build a new itx build and been having my eye on the Dan A4 case, but after alot of research I cant come to a conclusion what parts and cooling setup to go for.

I have been looking at the noctua l9i and the Asetek 645LT, but still not sure what to go for. For the specs, I have been thinking of getting either 1080 or rtx 2070 and i5-9600k that I want to overclock to 4.7ghz. I am using a BenQ xl2546 240hz monitor, I mainly play CS:GO and its important that I am able to maintain 300+ fps, now since CS:GO is heavily cpu based game I need to overclock in other to keep stable fps. Any recommendation to what setup to run, and maybe u have other suggestions to what parts I should get? Thanks!

For your build I would go with he Asetek 645LT and a 2060 super. The 2060 super is essentially a 2070 that costs $40 less. The Noctua L9i should be fine, but it might limit your overclock. The Asetek 645LT should give you better OC room because of the limited air flow in the Dan A4. You could also go with an i7 9700k. I would not recommend any of the Ryzen 3000 processors. I just built a new system in the evolve shift and had to swap out the 3700x for the 9700k because the thermals were uncontrollable on the 3700x. 

9 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

I will consider the 2060 super then! What style do you think is better for this build, blower or dual fan. I hard 3 fan gpu might not fit in this case if using liquid cooling. If I decide on going for the i5-9600k and the 2060 super, would I need to do some tweaks? seen some people talking about delidding(im a noob) will that be neccesary? Thanks alot!

7 minutes ago, Dannyfps said:

Sorry I was thinking of the NCase M1, if you're in the dan case I would go with the Noctua L9i unless you want to go with a SFF gpu. Linked is a video optimum tech did on water cooling in the case. If you're getting the 9th generation intel you don't need to delid since the cpu is soldered. I would also look at the Streacom DA2 if you want better cooling compatibility. 

Bit wit also did one. The gpu cooler he used looks a lot more capable than the one Optimum tech did. 

4 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

Sorry I was thinking of the NCase M1, if you're in the dan case I would go with the Noctua L9i unless you want to go with a SFF gpu. Linked is a video optimum tech did on water cooling in the case. If you're getting the 9th generation intel you don't need to delid since the cpu is soldered. I would also look at the Streacom DA2 if you want better cooling compatibility. 

So like I mentioned in my post, I have been considering the Asetek 645LT, which is built for this case, and I can fit all reference cards and dual fan cards, but the huge one with 3 fans might be a problem, seen other people having issue with it hitting the tubes underneath by just 2mm. Reason I was asking because Im not wasnt sure if air cooling with the l9i will be enough for my use. I will mostly do gaming.