Migrating from ADATA m.2 to Intel m.2?

FIXXX

I'm using a 256GB ADATA m.2 and got a 1tb from Intel.

Both drives are working properly.

In the meantime was using Macrium Reflect for over half a year for full and differential (only updated files that were changed and stuff like that) backups.

Tried making a fresh full backup and booted via the USB drive that Macrium asks you to make.

Select the backup and the drive you'll use. Process goes ok so far.

PC restarts and takes a while only to give me the Windows error screen saying BOOT DEVICE INACCESSIBLE or something like that.

Redid the restore and indicated full size for the end device. Same thing.

Afterwards tried a few more minor setting changes in case there's a problem. No luck.

Tried "fixing" the startup via the windows troubleshooter and via the macrium USB - both one failed.

Put back the "old" SSD and make a regular backup via windows 10. Then used the installation USB drive to apply that backup to the new SSD. No luck, says something about EFI and BIOS.

Created a new USB drive with just the recovery stuff - same thing.

Tried starting the installation process on the "new" ssd and goes ok. Windows works. Created a new USB recovery thing from that. Same result as before.

Now I ordered a generic m.2 adapter to allow connection the m.2 via SATA cabling and hope that works as both drives would be connected and I would clone directly and not via an image.

The windows backup/restore system is bullshit and works only "in certain" cases, how is that acceptable?! Windows 10 my ass :(

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB