amp recommendations

dadison9
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,
4 minutes ago, dadison9 said:

first ti

300 is the max, dont really know much about amps. just want to make sure i buy want would be best suited for these headphones. if 300 would be overkill what you be something suitable? i was looking into the jds labs atom and a khadas tone board like you said for now

the atom and the khadas is for sure going to be taking your headphone to it's full potential. but you can definitely go for something cheaper lieka fiio k3. or a fx audio dac x6. but the khadas and the atom is sort of like future proofing like it's basically guaranteed to work well with most headphones even headphones at the $800 range or even more

hello, recently i bought the akg k7xx. i am planning on buying a amp to get the most out of these headphones. what would be the best option for me? (mostly going to be gaming)

11 minutes ago, dadison9 said:

hello, recently i bought the akg k7xx. i am planning on buying a amp to get the most out of these headphones. what would be the best option for me? (mostly going to be gaming)

budget?

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

budget?

around 300 

19 minutes ago, dadison9 said:

around 300 

thats a lot for those headphones. generally reccomended you spend less money on you amp dac than you spend on you cans. but for $300  you cann get the very powerful geshelli labs stack. for the ckleanest and best measuring setup you cen get the jds labs atom and a khadas tone board. another option for a amp is the monoprice liquid spark . and other options for a dac is a topping d10 and a topping d30. 

first ti

54 minutes ago, rice guru said:

thats a lot for those headphones. generally reccomended you spend less money on you amp dac than you spend on you cans. but for $300  you cann get the very powerful geshelli labs stack. for the ckleanest and best measuring setup you cen get the jds labs atom and a khadas tone board. another option for a amp is the monoprice liquid spark . and other options for a dac is a topping d10 and a topping d30. 

300 is the max, dont really know much about amps. just want to make sure i buy want would be best suited for these headphones. if 300 would be overkill what you be something suitable? i was looking into the jds labs atom and a khadas tone board like you said for now

4 minutes ago, dadison9 said:

first ti

the atom and the khadas is for sure going to be taking your headphone to it's full potential. but you can definitely go for something cheaper lieka fiio k3. or a fx audio dac x6. but the khadas and the atom is sort of like future proofing like it's basically guaranteed to work well with most headphones even headphones at the $800 range or even more

On 7/17/2019 at 9:53 PM, rice guru said:

hey rice guru, another question. since this headset doesnt come with a mic, what is the best option for me with external microphones

1 hour ago, dadison9 said:

hey rice guru, another question. since this headset doesnt come with a mic, what is the best option for me with external microphones

Budget?

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

Budget?

around 150

2 minutes ago, dadison9 said:

around 150

do you rock a mechanical keyboard?with cherry mx blues or clickys?

15 hours ago, rice guru said:

do you rock a mechanical keyboard?with cherry mx blues or clickys?

ducky one 2 mini cherry mx browns plus o-rings, a60 i believe.

4 hours ago, dadison9 said:

ducky one 2 mini cherry mx browns plus o-rings, a60 i believe.

so not the loudest thing in the world I run a ducky one 2 mx blues witha blue snowball but I do have the sensitivity pretty low on discord so in wont pick up my keyboard.I'm not too well versed in the mic space but the best usv mic you can get under $150 is the ATH 2020 USB. but it is a condenser it's reccomended you get a arm and put up to your face. 

4 hours ago, rice guru said:

so not the loudest thing in the world I run a ducky one 2 mx blues witha blue snowball but I do have the sensitivity pretty low on discord so in wont pick up my keyboard.I'm not too well versed in the mic space but the best usv mic you can get under $150 is the ATH 2020 USB. but it is a condenser it's reccomended you get a arm and put up to your face. 

thx alot 

On 7/21/2019 at 3:40 PM, rice guru said:

hey rice, i swear this is the last question lol. im about to purchase the jds labs atom and a khadas tone board, but before doing so. i came across the mayflower amp and was wondering how it stacks up.

thank you. 

5 minutes ago, dadison9 said:

hey rice, i swear this is the last question lol. im about to purchase the jds labs atom and a khadas tone board, but before doing so. i came across the mayflower amp and was wondering how it stacks up.

thank you. 

which one the mayflower arc? it's not as good the amp is not a as clean and the dac isn't as clean but is a good option if you want something to plug a mic into. or are you talking about the mayflower O2/odac? because the atom is basically next gen version of the o2 and the khadas toneboard is a cleaner dac. 

46 minutes ago, rice guru said:

which one the mayflower arc? it's not as good the amp is not a as clean and the dac isn't as clean but is a good option if you want something to plug a mic into. or are you talking about the mayflower O2/odac? because the atom is basically next gen version of the o2 and the khadas toneboard is a cleaner dac. 

the arc, just came across it and wanted to know more about it, thanks again. i looking to buy the khadas tone board on amazon and see a few version for example (Vims edition,diy, generic edition) any difference or where should i buy it from?

1 minute ago, dadison9 said:

the arc, just came across it and wanted to know more about it, thanks again. i looking to buy the khadas tone board on amazon and see a few version for example (Vims edition,diy, generic edition) any difference or switch one should i get?

i didn't even know they sold them on amazon. I was always told to just buy it off the website.

6 minutes ago, rice guru said:

i didn't even know they sold them on amazon. I was always told to just buy it off the website.

ok will do. cause im not sure what version is what lol

1 minute ago, dadison9 said:

ok will do. cause im not sure what version is what lol

Hope you know it's a board no case

yah i saw that. thx

8 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Hope you know it's a board no case