Making a Hackintosh for editing music

I'm building a computer for my brother to use for editing music and he really likes his mac book but he wants a computer dedicated to editing his music and one that can do it quicker.

I want to know if there is anything I should look out for when building a Hackintosh. I've built other pcs but I've done research saying that some products don't work very well or aren't compatible with the mac os. Does anyone know what products are a guarantee to work and what kind of hardware would improve speed in this application?

Not an expert but from what I have heard you should avoid Nvidia GPUs if you need one

Still, hackintosh setups are yet to be perfect from what I understand.

Here is a video I would recommend:

why build a hackintosh for music, has to be a mac tool what he uses?

what exact tool he uses to do his music editing?

Hackintosh discussion is against the rules here. This'll probably get locked.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

2 hours ago, asand1 said:

Hackintosh discussion is against the rules here. This'll probably get locked.

I was pretty sure the forum rules were amended a year ago to allow Hackintosh discussion.

5 hours ago, Balmy said:

I'm building a computer for my brother to use for editing music and he really likes his mac book but he wants a computer dedicated to editing his music and one that can do it quicker.

I want to know if there is anything I should look out for when building a Hackintosh. I've built other pcs but I've done research saying that some products don't work very well or aren't compatible with the mac os. Does anyone know what products are a guarantee to work and what kind of hardware would improve speed in this application?

Fair warning, a Hackintosh will be very difficult to get running and keep running well. If you are not extremely technically minded (well beyond just building PCs, but that is a very good start) I would be wary of attempting it for merely saving money compared for an iMac or Mac Pro. But the information you are looking for is best found in other communities. InsanelyMac and the Hackintosh subreddit are fairly active and good places to start. A "vanilla install" is what you should look for (and most of the guides there point to that). 

59 minutes ago, FriedEngineer said:

I was pretty sure the forum rules were amended a year ago to allow Hackintosh discussion.

Fair warning, a Hackintosh will be very difficult to get running and keep running well. If you are not extremely technically minded (well beyond just building PCs, but that is a very good start) I would be wary of attempting it for merely saving money compared for an iMac or Mac Pro. But the information you are looking for is best found in other communities. InsanelyMac and the Hackintosh subreddit are fairly active and good places to start. A "vanilla install" is what you should look for (and most of the guides there point to that). 

• Discussion of piracy in general is acceptable (e.g. "Game X becomes the most pirated game ever").
  • Hackintosh discussion is permitted.

Sweet. Thanks for the clue.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 11:03 AM, goto10 said:

why build a hackintosh for music, has to be a mac tool what he uses?

what exact tool he uses to do his music editing?

I'm not sure what tool he uses but he mainly wanted the mac os because he is already used to it and he has a lot of experience using it