updating motherboard bios without cpu

I planning to buy a MSI B450 bazooka plus motherboard and then match it with a ryzen 5 3400g but for it to work I need to update the motherboard without a cpu. Is that possible?

"No, that's impossible on any current motherboard for AMD. A very few Intel boards do allow this.

AMD will send you a "boot kit" for free that includes a cheap APU processor. You are supposed to throw away the included heatsink afterwards (it doesn't fit Ryzen) and send the CPU back so they can refit the kit and send it to the next person."

-Toms hardware, BFG-9000

Impossible.

Contact your retailer or local MSI service center first and ask them to help you update the BIOS. If those options fail, alternatively request loaning a bootkit from AMD to update the BIOS then return it.

Edit: disregard comment. The board in question supports BIOS flashback without CPU.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

5 minutes ago, galaxyrooter said:

"No, that's impossible on any current motherboard for AMD. A very few Intel boards do allow this.

AMD will send you a "boot kit" for free that includes a cheap APU processor. You are supposed to throw away the included heatsink afterwards (it doesn't fit Ryzen) and send the CPU back so they can refit the kit and send it to the next person."

-Toms hardware, BFG-9000

3 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Impossible.

Contact your retailer or local MSI service center first and ask them to help you update the BIOS. If those options fail, alternatively request loaning a bootkit from AMD to update the BIOS then return it.

BIOS flashback allows this, and according to MSI's website:

• Flash BIOS Button:  Simply use a USB key to flash any BIOS within seconds, without installing a CPU, memory or graphic cards

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450M-BAZOOKA-PLUS

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

BIOS flashback allows this

Forget to check that. Thanks for pointing out!

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."