Installed 3700x, Now I get BSOD and Incorrect Temps?

I recently bought a 3700x for my ab350m pro4. I flashed the bios to p5.90, the latest version, in the correct sequence with the correct software. So, I installed the 3700x after doing this, mounted the cooler blah blah blah... The PC successfully posted, and I entered the bios. Everything looks fine until I see the temperatures. The temps were reading around 60 degrees Celsius in the bios... not good. I decided to test it for myself and feel the physical cooler and heat pipes and they were room temperature, certainly not what I would be feeling if the cpu was running at 60c. So that is issue 1 of 2. I decided to continue into windows, knowing that I probably wasn't actually causing any physical damage to the cpu, as it is not as hot as it is reading. After about a minute inside windows, I get frozen applications, then about 30 seconds later a BSOD with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I haven't seen this before, so I google it. Turns out it is typically an SSD type error. I just moved my OS from a SATA SSD to an NVME gen 3 M.2 SSD. I don't know if the cpu is having issues running the gen 3, which I doubt it would, or if there is another problem that I need to sort out, like a driver error or corruption. To make matters worse, since the system will only stay operable for about a minute, I don't have the ability do download any dump file applications, or even find them myself as told in the BSOD thread; the system just dies too quickly in windows to do anything. I don't know how to fix this, hopefully you all can come through again with some answers to these issues.

30 minutes ago, Michael122 said:

I recently bought a 3700x for my ab350m pro4. I flashed the bios to p5.90, the latest version, in the correct sequence with the correct software. So, I installed the 3700x after doing this, mounted the cooler blah blah blah... The PC successfully posted, and I entered the bios. Everything looks fine until I see the temperatures. The temps were reading around 60 degrees Celsius in the bios... not good. I decided to test it for myself and feel the physical cooler and heat pipes and they were room temperature, certainly not what I would be feeling if the cpu was running at 60c. So that is issue 1 of 2. I decided to continue into windows, knowing that I probably wasn't actually causing any physical damage to the cpu, as it is not as hot as it is reading. After about a minute inside windows, I get frozen applications, then about 30 seconds later a BSOD with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I haven't seen this before, so I google it. Turns out it is typically an SSD type error. I just moved my OS from a SATA SSD to an NVME gen 3 M.2 SSD. I don't know if the cpu is having issues running the gen 3, which I doubt it would, or if there is another problem that I need to sort out, like a driver error or corruption. To make matters worse, since the system will only stay operable for about a minute, I don't have the ability do download any dump file applications, or even find them myself as told in the BSOD thread; the system just dies too quickly in windows to do anything. I don't know how to fix this, hopefully you all can come through again with some answers to these issues.

I cloned my SSD once, ended in horrible crashes and all kinds of issues. Lesson learned, fresh install. I would look on the manufacturers website to make sure your board supports Ryzen 3rd gen. That temp thing is a little weird though.

2 minutes ago, YoFavRussian said:

I cloned my SSD once, ended in horrible crashes and all kinds of issues. Lesson learned, fresh install. I would look on the manufacturers website to make sure your board supports Ryzen 3rd gen. That temp thing is a little weird though.

Yeah, I have checked the manufacturers website. It supports 3rd gen. Weird thing is though, I cloned it while my 1500x was still in the system, with no issues, crashes or bsods. Only when I installed a new CPU did the issues start. Also have no idea about the temps.

1 minute ago, Michael122 said:

Yeah, I have checked the manufacturers website. It supports 3rd gen. Weird thing is though, I cloned it while my 1500x was still in the system, with no issues, crashes or bsods. Only when I installed a new CPU did the issues start. Also have no idea about the temps.

You changed a hardware component, that's why mine was dumping all over me. Try a fresh install on a random drive to see if that solves the crashing issue.

1 minute ago, YoFavRussian said:

You changed a hardware component, that's why mine was dumping all over me. Try a fresh install on a random drive to see if that solves the crashing issue.

I'll try that. There are some mandatory drivers in windows for my board to run the updated bios... I have no idea what their purpose is, but I installed them because that's what the manufacturer's website told me to do. I hope that there won't be any issues with a fresh install of windows, but we will just have to wait and see....

7 hours ago, Michael122 said:

I'll try that. There are some mandatory drivers in windows for my board to run the updated bios... I have no idea what their purpose is, but I installed them because that's what the manufacturer's website told me to do. I hope that there won't be any issues with a fresh install of windows, but we will just have to wait and see....

Update: Windows is running stable now, all is good and without BSOD. As for the temps, I believe they were a result of my mobo pushing too much power in (1.5v)... ouch. Down-volted manually back to default 1.35 and things idle at 36-38c on windows.