basic Assembly language help

Cookiecrumbles222

Hey, guys, would anyone know how to do this, I don't understand anything of this because I've only coded in c++ does anyone know how to do this? thank you! 

I just need to 

1. Clear the display.
  2. Display the string "CS2810 Spring Semester 2018" on row 2, column 12 of the display.
  3. Display the string "Assembler Assignment #1" on row 3, column 12 of the display.
  4. Display your name on row 4, column 12 of the display.

The assignment -->

https://gyazo.com/d625b89661eb68c5ddd531ef83f1f122

For those who want to attempt to help, this appears to be x86 assembly judging by the mentioning of the EDX register.

The bottom of the prompt are hints as to what subroutines you need to call to do what the assignment wants you to do. You should play around with them and see what happens. And you should be able to do that consider the prompt also says the thing you have to download comes with a example project.

Also because this is a homework assignment, I'm not going to provide you the code. If you're seriously considering a career in software development, you need to be able to get comfortable learning how other languages work even if you never use them again.

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

For those who want to attempt to help, this appears to be x86 assembly judging by the mentioning of the EDX register.

The bottom of the prompt are hints as to what subroutines you need to call to do what the assignment wants you to do. You should play around with them and see what happens. And you should be able to do that consider the prompt also says the thing you have to download comes with a example project.

Also because this is a homework assignment, I'm not going to provide you the code. If you're seriously considering a career in software development, you need to be able to get comfortable learning how other languages work even if you never use them again.

I appreciate it man, i just messed up. I have to do this assignment by tonight i thought it would be simple after i read the instructions, but i relised that it was not after i tried it tonight and it is due in a few hrs so any help means a lot, i just had some misjudgement and im trying to get the assignment in so i dont fail the class.

Just now, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

I appreciate it man, i just messed up. I have to do this assignment by tonight i thought it would be simple after i read the instructions, but i relised that it was not after i tried it tonight and it is due in a few hrs so any help means a lot, i just had some misjudgement and im trying to get the assignment in so i dont fail the class.

It would also be helpful if you can post the assembly code from the sample project here.

Remember to use the code tags

It would also be helpful if you can post the assembly code from the sample project here.

Remember to use the code tags

Do you mean this stuff?

TITLE CS2810 Assembler Template

; Student Name:
; Assignment Due Date:

INCLUDE Irvine32.inc
.data
	;--------- Enter Data Here

.code
main PROC
	;--------- Enter Code Below Here

xor ecx, ecx
	call ReadChar

exit
main ENDP

END main

1 minute ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

Do you mean this stuff?

TITLE CS2810 Assembler Template

; Student Name:
; Assignment Due Date:

INCLUDE Irvine32.inc
.data
	;--------- Enter Data Here

.code
main PROC
	;--------- Enter Code Below Here

xor ecx, ecx
	call ReadChar

exit
main ENDP

END main

That looks like the template. The prompt said there was an example showing how to use the subroutines from the Irvine32.inc library.

That looks like the template. The prompt said there was an example showing how to use the subroutines from the Irvine32.inc library.

They gave me this aswell is it this?

Irvine.zip

3 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

and i just discovered this 

9 minutes ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

They gave me this aswell is it this?

Irvine.zip

It looks like Ch05 and Ch06 have examples of the subroutines the prompt says you should use. Play around with those, that should give you enough to work with to complete the assignment

13 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

That video had the answer i was looking for thank you for helping me realize it was there.

Just now, Mira Yurizaki said:

It looks like Ch05 and Ch06 have examples of the subroutines the prompt says you should use. Play around with those, that should give you enough to work with to complete the assignment

Thank you so much for the help I appreciate it so much!