Hotel wifi

Happy Viking

Someone who has tips for a router I can buy that can take a hotel network with login and do so that I get connected appletv. As you know, Appletv does not have the opportunity to log on to such networks.

Because sometimes I have my family on business trips and need to bring my laptop to meetings. Would think it is cheaper to find a slightly advanced router than buying an extra laptop

i bought this guy a few months back for similar reasons, and it's been absolutely flawless.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I92T754/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it's been super helpful to attach one device and have my fire stick, laptop, phone, etc all auto join and be good to go..

But be aware that you may be in for a bandwidth hit, as with multiple devices sharing one "connection", if the hotel is doing a per-device bandwidth capping, you'll be sharing that bandwidth among all those devices vs each getting their own allocations.  

It's one of the main reasons i bought a fire stick, as it has the capability to get through captive web portals.

Used to have a Netgear travel router which I used for this case. However these can be a little limited. Success depends on the authentication method used by the Hotel.