Looking for a new phone

Col. Sandurz

Hi everyone.
I am looking for a new phone for my GF, it's going to replace an old Xperia Z3 (full, not the mini).

So, I am looking for something that is roughly the same size (<6"), as stock as possible, good battery life, GPS that does not lose signal when calling.

I am looking to spend anywhere between 250 and 350 euros and I am in south Europe (Italy).

Oh, and notchless is better for me.

Oh no, the Z3 battery life was good enough.

Thanks for the link I'll look into it.

4 hours ago, Col. Sandurz said:

Hi everyone.
I am looking for a new phone for my GF, it's going to replace an old Xperia Z3 (full, not the mini).

So, I am looking for something that is roughly the same size (<6"), as stock as possible, good battery life, GPS that does not lose signal when calling.

I am looking to spend anywhere between 250 and 350 euros and I am in south Europe (Italy).

So you basically want a phone with <6" screen size, good battery and stock android ? Well, most of the modern devices have a screen size >6". I would recommend the Xiaomi Mi A1. It has a 5.5" screen, no notch, simple yet nice design, SD 625, 4000mah battery and android One. The Mi A2 is a good choice too for her. Also, check out the Mi A2 Lite if that's available.

I bought the Mi A2 lite for my mother last year, while the only gripes I have with it are the huge notch and the somewhat thick bezels, I'd rather go with something a little more "premium" for my GF.
I might look into the non-lite A2.

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

The Mi A1 and A2 use 3,000mAh batteries

I'm looking out for the Realme X which has a total bezel-less design (front camera is mechanical pop-up), uses Samsung OLED screen with under-screen fingerprint, 4000mAh battery, and efficient SD710 chipset. Main camera is 48MP with pixel binning. Its yet to arrive in my country as it was announced only very recently. But OP might be able to find it in Italy. The Oppo Reno Z is a very similar device but slightly thicker due to the glass back. Both should be around $350

Nice ! Thanks of the correction too. Realme X seems like a great device. I thought the Mi A series had 4000mah battery as it is pretty much the standard for Xiaomi devices :P

On 7/13/2019 at 7:35 AM, Col. Sandurz said:

Hi everyone.

Pixel 3a. I have no idea what it costs in euros or if it's even available in your country, but it seems to check most of your boxes except bezels. It's got some but frankly I barely register them , especially on the black version. But if you're dead set on an all screen design then don't bother, but if you're willing to budge a little in that direction then consider it.

Thanks guys, 

Both the Realme X and the Reno Z are a tad bigger than I'd like (I am talking about actual dimensions rather than just the screen size) the pixel 3a looks promising but it's a little more expensive than I anticipated (399 euros).

However I am waiting to see what the Mi A3 brings to the table (it launches tomorrow here) and maybe will still take the pixel 3a.