Planning on getting a RTX 1060 but not sure which to get.

--Karma--

I originally was planning on getting this card. After a little more research I am still leaning towards it but am not sure if there are any moderately better ones at the same price range (mainly just brand). I looked into the 2060 super and the 2070 but the price increase was to significant for the small performance increase.

I’d get a super for 30-40$ more and more vram, else go with EVGA, as their warranty and customer service is unrivaled.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

4 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

Not a huge fan of noise, I don't usually game with noise canceling headphones, also a bit out of my price range.

7 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

I’d get a super for 30-40$ more and more vram, else go with EVGA, as their warranty and customer service is unrivaled.

All the super cards I have found have been way more then that, can you link it?

Unless you really really care about ray tracing, this is the best buy (And you don't mind noise so..):

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xsYQzy/xfx-radeon-rx-5700-8-gb-video-card-rx-57xl8mfg6

It destroys the 2060 at the same price. And when I mean destroys, I mean destroys. 2gb more vram and it matches the 2060 Super for the same price as the 2060. The 5700 is a no brainer. Forget the 2060 and 2060 Super, they can pack their bags and go home back to Nvidia headquarters in a dark room somewhere.

3 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Unless you really really care about ray tracing, this is the best buy (And you don't mind noise so..):

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xsYQzy/xfx-radeon-rx-5700-8-gb-video-card-rx-57xl8mfg6

It destroys the 2060 at the same price. And when I mean destroys, I mean destroys. 2gb more vram and it matches the 2060 Super for the same price as the 2060. The 5700 is a no brainer. Forget the 2060 and 2060 Super, they can pack their bags and go home back to Nvidia headquarters in a dark room somewhere.

CUDA.

tensorflow, adobe, etc. require CUDA.

8 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

CUDA.

tensorflow, adobe, etc. require CUDA.

It's not a requirement if you use older versions of the software, but I see where you are coming from. I do a lot of editing so it is kinda a must.