Netflix no hd

Hi,

Im sometimes watch netflix on my sony xperia z3+ and noticed that it was only running at 960x540. It has Widevine L1 though, i checked with drm info. Can someone explain me why or how to fix it?

Netflix adjust the resolution depending on your Internet speed to prevent buffering. Even if your internet is normally fast enough, everyone has occasional dips and lost packets.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, AkSo2504 said:

Hi,

Im sometimes watch netflix on my sony xperia z3+ and noticed that it was only running at 960x540. It has Widevine L1 though, i checked with drm info. Can someone explain me why or how to fix it?

It's possible that it's being throttled through the carrier or Netflix itself. Also Netflix will typically deliver non-HD or 720p if there are bandwidth/connectivity issues.

There is no spoon.

16 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Netflix adjust the resolution depending on your Internet speed to prevent buffering. Even if your internet is normally fast enough, everyone has occasional dips and lost packets.

I cant get over 960x540 even when im connected to wifi at home, i can watch youtube in 4k without it stopping

2 minutes ago, AkSo2504 said:

I cant get over 960x540 even when im connected to wifi at home, i can watch youtube in 4k without it stopping

YouTube 4k isn't necessarily more demanding than Netflix 1080p. Your ISP also might be throttling you. Try using fast.com as a speed test.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

YouTube 4k isn't necessarily more demanding than Netflix 1080p. Your ISP also might be throttling you. Try using fast.com as a speed test.

Even watching twitch streams 1080p 60fps is no problem, i think its someting else. Because 960x540 is the resolution people get when they dont have Widevine L1.

I know there is a supported device list for Netflix hd but all i can find anywhere else is that it just has to have Widevine L1 and thats enough, so im kinda confused.

Is the Xiaomi Mi 9 not working too? because it has Widevine L1 but is not on the list.