Finding Compatible Laptop Parts

2oa

I am searching for a replacement screen for a laptop. According to the official website, it uses a  "15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768)" display. 

Here is my main concern. Whether or not a screen of the same exact name, but from a different laptop model number, be compatible with it.

I am searching for some site like PCPartPicker.com but dedicated to laptops.

Here are my main questions. 

• If i get said screen with identical specs from a laptop of a DIFFERENT model number, will it still be compatible? 
  • What are some good resources for finding compatible laptop parts (not PC parts)?

Get the exact part number of the screen you have, then Google it. That should get you to a list of compatible models. You can also search for a parts list or service manual for your laptop depending on the manufacturer. You can also go to eBay and search "model#"+"display"

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Well, this is how you start.  You didn't specify the model number of your laptop.  And even then, you would have to remove the panel to get the exact model.  I am sure there's a youtube to show you how.  A lot of panels can be either right of left connectors for the same model.. Open it up and have it in front of you while you shop.