B450 BIOS problem

Hello. So I just bought a ryzen 5 3600 and a MSI B450 Gaming plus motherboard and it doesn't post. Tried to use flashback+ button with the newest BIOS just like the manual said, but it didn't work. Any suggestions? 

30 minutes ago, SinusTechNips said:

Tried to use flashback+ button with the newest BIOS just like the manual said, but it didn't work. Any suggestions

What didn't work? was the BIOS update successful?

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Nothing works. No POST, bios flashback led blinked 3 times and that's it. CPU debug led is still on. I really hope that my new motherboard / CPU is not dead.. 

I have a ASUS Strix B450-F Gaming, I tryied to update my Bios that was released Friday, the flash utiltiy wont find the update 2406, I downloaded it and it failed to load the file.

Starting to think they rushed the bios updates for 450 chipset boards for the Ryzen 3000 series.

So your not alone with bios updates to allow for the use of the new series of Ryzen.

I hope they fix this soon. Very disappointed if that's the case. 

Is your USB drive FAT32? If it's NTFS you need a different USB, it has to be FAT32.

It is FAT32. Tried multiple drives, multiple usb ports. Nothing works. 

Doesnt explain why their flash utiltiy in bios isnt finding it online to do the update, its always worked befor. But I will try FAT32 drive, you would think if it needed to be on that, then it wouldnt show,read the hard drives in the PC, waste of time if it cant actually read the file.

Also rather strange that two poeple on same chipset but different manufacturer boards are having the same issue.

Can someone explain me this picture, I'm so confused. I thought it supports new cpus out of the box. Starting to regret my purchase. 

AMD-X570-Support.jpg

all mobos except x570 need a BIOS update before they work with Ryzen 3000. If you already have a 1st or 2nd gen Ryzen CPU there is no issue; you can update the BIOS while you have your old CPU.

If you dont have a CPU to use to update the BIOS, you would either need to have the store where you buy the mobo update it for you (they often will do that if you ask) or buy a mobo with BIOS flashback, which is why MSIs boards are very popular right now. 

Your problem seems to be with the flashback. There is no issue in compatibility

Then whats my problem with my ASUS Strix b450-f that currently has a 1700X installed, refuses to find the update itself, and when i download it and try to read the file it failes, tells me it cant read the file.

Very confusing.

3 minutes ago, Lonewolf12016 said:

Then whats my problem with my ASUS Strix b450-f that currently has a 1700X installed, refuses to find the update itself, and when i download it and try to read the file it failes, tells me it cant read the file.

Very confusing.

You're following these steps? https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1012815/

yup used that flash program many many times, tells me I am upto date, yet online they have the newer bios showing. try and run the update locally and it cant read the file.

Think I am going to have to contact ASUS, I read on another forum that many have had a issue once they updated they lost their mouse, makes me wonder if they pulled the update till they fix that issue.

Did absolutely everything according to video tutorial and motherboards manual. Still no success. 

Starting to feel that my motherboard is dead. Either it was dead right out of the box or I killed it while flashing the BIOS.