Intel performance maximizer broke my 9700K CPU

(So... last night I was playing with the xtu tool, trying to find the sweet spot, keeping the voltages under 1.3 for most of the time. I was hitting over 3100 xtu marks in XTU  most of the time. I never got below 3000 on stock, but I was greedy. In Cinebench r20 I think I got around 3600.

I was stingy with the voltage using -0.145V voltage offset or so last night, but I got 2 BSOD on idle, and I remembered about some tool from Intel for overclocking (Intel performance Maximizer), so I decided to try it. I was too tired and I decided to leave it running over the night.

This morning I got the results. 5.0 GHz! I was happy to see that, but for some reason, my CPU would not reach more than 4.7ghz and the score was about 1600 marks in xtu. what the hell?! XMP was disabled, so I enabled it, but the score was almost the same. Opened XTU and noticed that the AVX ratio was set to 3, so I left it back to 0. Reached 5.0Ghz with only a few short peaks over 1.400, but the score is still bellowed 2K marks.

Ran Cinebench and 1888 with 4.9ghz. :(

I was inspired and I bought that PTPP warranty package before I ran the tool.

Ran Intel Processor Diagnostic tool and it passes all the tests.

What happened? Is the CPU done? What should I do now? I bought the CPU from https://www.currys.co.uk.

The screenshot below was with the highest score last night before the overclocking tool.

Screenshot 2019-07-06 14.31.33.png

Uninstall that rubbish software

Reset everything in BIOS to default

Start over and overclock your CPU in BIOS like you're supposed to

Supporting evidence for "rubbish software"

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 hours ago, CosminRotaru said:

(So... last night I was playing with the xtu tool, trying to find the sweet spot, keeping the voltages under 1.3 for most of the time. I was hitting over 3100 xtu marks in XTU  most of the time. I never got below 3000 on stock, but I was greedy. In Cinebench r20 I think I got around 3600.

I was stingy with the voltage using -0.145V voltage offset or so last night, but I got 2 BSOD on idle, and I remembered about some tool from Intel for overclocking (Intel performance Maximizer), so I decided to try it. I was too tired and I decided to leave it running over the night.

This morning I got the results. 5.0 GHz! I was happy to see that, but for some reason, my CPU would not reach more than 4.7ghz and the score was about 1600 marks in xtu. what the hell?! XMP was disabled, so I enabled it, but the score was almost the same. Opened XTU and noticed that the AVX ratio was set to 3, so I left it back to 0. Reached 5.0Ghz with only a few short peaks over 1.400, but the score is still bellowed 2K marks.

Ran Cinebench and 1888 with 4.9ghz. :(

I was inspired and I bought that PTPP warranty package before I ran the tool.

Ran Intel Processor Diagnostic tool and it passes all the tests.

What happened? Is the CPU done? What should I do now? I bought the CPU from https://www.currys.co.uk.

The screenshot below was with the highest score last night before the overclocking tool.

Screenshot 2019-07-06 14.31.33.png

Most likely power limits were reset.  95W TDP was probably enforced.  Set XTU to defaults and uninstall it after setting it to defaults, then reset your bios cmos.  Then do your overclock again.

I'm an idiot! My CPU is UNHARMED! At least this is what is look like.

The problem was caused by the Logitech G hub. It was overloading my CPU and causing a massive performance drop.

I was so panicked when I saw that the dramatic change and I completely ignored this scenario. I was so focused and blinded by Bios Settings and resets and CPU halth checks !

All back to normal!