windows not listed on mint bootloader

Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

Mount the Windows partition somewhere, install the package "os-prober", then run

grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

I just installed linux mint debian edition 3 (cindy) on a different partition from my windows installation and I went to the default option of putting the linux bootloader on dev/sda. But windows its not listed when I turn on the pc. If I check my bios on the boot priorities I can see that the linux bootloader is set as the first priority and the windows bootloader is set as secondary,  if I change this I can boot into windows. Both operating systems work fine. How can I fix this? how can I make windows appear listed on the boot options of the linux bootloader 

Mount the Windows partition somewhere, install the package "os-prober", then run

grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I like to put linux on a second drive, then you can boot from that drive for linux & drive 1 for windows. Plus, when you reinstall windows the windows bootloader will not overwrite the linux bootloader.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

18 hours ago, Sauron said:

Mount the Windows partition somewhere,

How?

10 hours ago, Edward78 said:

I like to put linux on a second drive, then you can boot from that drive for linux & drive 1 for windows. Plus, when you reinstall windows the windows bootloader will not overwrite the linux bootloader.

thats a good idea but Im trying no to do everything all over

5 hours ago, zedsdeath said:

How?

mount /dev/<windows partition> /mnt

or just click on it from your file manager.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I fixed it using os-prober and update-grub. it now appears listed and everything works fine