CRU not always working (75hz)

Go to solution Solved by TheBluePotato,
22 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

The monitor does support gsync, because as of January this year, Nvidia G-sync supports Freesync monitors.

Have you connected with the displayport cable?

Have you turned on freesync in monitor settings(also set the range to extended if you can)?

Alright! Its working!

Well thank you ever so much for your input!

I would have probably never tried control panel again, after trying it numerous times and not working. Seems a re-install was all I needed. Classic.

Now I get full 75 hz, even after booting up fresh, without needing to do anything.

Very interesting that it now "supports" freesync although it "isn't supported"

Thanks!

Hey

I'm running an LG 34UC88-B 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

This Monitor supports 75hz refresh rate right out of the box, but only with amd freesync.

I'm running a GTX1070ti. Aka. No Freesync and just 60hz for me.

With CRU I was able to get the refresh rate up to the full 75hz repeatedly, except;

It doesn't always work. In fact in order to make it work I can't just choose the 75hz profile I created and reset the drivers but I have to create a new profile (with maybe 74,93hz), quite literally jsut to have a new profile and THEN it works after a reset.

I cant have preset profiles like that and restart, that doesnt work.

And It won't work by itself after a system restart either.

Anyone got any Idea what could cause this?

And is it maybe possible to trick my PC into thinking it has AMD freesync so I don't have to hassle with CRU at all?

-Marco

Why don't you just enable Nvidia Gsync?

If you have new enough drivers, nvidia 1000 series now support freesync monitors inside gsync.

Also instead of using whatever cru is, can you create a custom resolution in nvidia control panel?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

31 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Why don't you just enable Nvidia Gsync?

If you have new enough drivers, nvidia 1000 series now support freesync monitors inside gsync.

Also instead of using whatever cru is, can you create a custom resolution in nvidia control panel?

G-Sync is enabled (keep in mind my Monitor doesn't support G-Sync) Custom Resolution is also set in the Nvidia Control Panel.

It displays as 75hz but it is frameskipping.

CRU is Custom Resolution Utility and currently the only program that manages to make it true 75hz without frameskipping.

Just now, TheBluePotato said:

G-Sync is enabled (keep in mind my Monitor doesn't support G-Sync) Custom Resolution is also set in the Nvidia Control Panel.

It displays as 75hz but it is frameskipping.

CRU is Custom Resolution Utility and currently the only program that manages to make it true 75hz without frameskipping.

The monitor does support gsync, because as of January this year, Nvidia G-sync supports Freesync monitors.

Have you turned on freesync in monitor settings(also set the range to extended if you can)?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

7 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Weired then.

Yeah, I'm using a proper Displayport Cable.

I also have freesync enabled in the monitor settings.

I'm gonna go ahead, and disable everything, download new drivers (although Geforce experience should have handled that already) and re-initialise everything. 

22 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Alright! Its working!

Well thank you ever so much for your input!

I would have probably never tried control panel again, after trying it numerous times and not working. Seems a re-install was all I needed. Classic.

Now I get full 75 hz, even after booting up fresh, without needing to do anything.

Very interesting that it now "supports" freesync although it "isn't supported"

Thanks!