Port forward not working.

GrizzlyBear0

I have tried everything firewall/dmz port forwarded everything and messed a bit to try and find the problem in the router website but nothing seems to be working.

And yes i tried listening to the port before checking if the port is open but it ain't.

I had this issue before where it took a few hours and multiple calls to my company for them to fix it which they did after so many calls but it stopped working now idk why and i can't be bothered to spend hours again for them to do it without me knowing how/why

so here i am wanting to fix it by my self and learn.

8 minutes ago, GrizzlyBear0 said:

I have tried everything firewall/dmz port forwarded everything and messed a bit to try and find the problem in the router website but nothing seems to be working.

And yes i tried listening to the port before checking if the port is open but it ain't.

I had this issue before where it took a few hours and multiple calls to my company for them to fix it which they did after so many calls but it stopped working now idk why and i can't be bothered to spend hours again for them to do it without me knowing how/why

so here i am wanting to fix it by my self and learn.

First of all. What are you trying to connect? What ports, and what IP adresses are the things on.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

First of all. What are you trying to connect? What ports, and what IP adresses are the things on.

image.png.5c58e6c7f7d833d2ffdbefc97d00a1d3.png

image.png.02b2977eeea1977042c7c23549e31f6c.png
Done it a billion time before i just have no idea why it's not working atm.

2 minutes ago, GrizzlyBear0 said:

image.png.5c58e6c7f7d833d2ffdbefc97d00a1d3.png

image.png.02b2977eeea1977042c7c23549e31f6c.png
Done it a billion time before i just have no idea why it's not working atm.

Is 10.0.0.1 your default gateway aka router ip? 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Is 10.0.0.1 your default gateway aka router ip? 

Obviously no.

For port forwarding only ipv4 address.

I sent 2 pictures if you take a closer look.

12 minutes ago, GrizzlyBear0 said:

Obviously no.

For port forwarding only ipv4 address.

I sent 2 pictures if you take a closer look.

Please just post here ?

FS in Denmark/EU:

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Please just post here ?

? Post what mate lol, i already told you no. the default gateway isn't used for port forwarding. it's used to access the routers website.

1. image.png.57e8691a053dd94bee15d12f73a46998.png

2.image.png.4fcd58ad7777c85f0e8936f47faf19c0.png

1 minute ago, GrizzlyBear0 said:

? Post what mate lol, i already told you no. the default gateway isn't used for port forwarding. it's used to access the routers website.

1. image.png.57e8691a053dd94bee15d12f73a46998.png

2.image.png.4fcd58ad7777c85f0e8936f47faf19c0.png

I know. What about checking the ip on the device you are trying to connect?

FS in Denmark/EU:

Crucial information that is necessary to help you, but that you left out of your post:

1) What router do you have?

2) Please share the configuration you got that does not work.

3) What program are you having issues with? Are you sure it's the right ports and all of them are being forwarded?

4) What is the IP of the computer you want to forward to?

5) How are you verifying that it isn't working?

6) Are you sure the server machine is configured correctly? How have you verified this?

My guess right now is that it's the firewall on the server blocking incoming connections.

15 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Crucial information that is necessary to help you, but that you left out of your post:

1) What router do you have? 

2) Please share the configuration you got that does not work. 

3) What program are you having issues with? Are you sure it's the right ports and all of them are being forwarded? 

4) What is the IP of the computer you want to forward to?

5) How are you verifying that it isn't working?

6) Are you sure the server machine is configured correctly? How have you verified this?

My guess right now is that it's the firewall on the server blocking incoming connections.

1. Dsl-G256dg

image.png.d0fd4d7535a45c8fd7fc349b4ec61076.png[It's done correctly but idk why it wont open][It's also added in my firewall and listened to the port and even tried disabling the fire wall nothing works. no other softwares that could prevent the port]
I'm 99% certain it's an issue from the website it self a related setting to it but i'm not experienced so here i am.

3. 0 programs i just wish to port forward  the port 27015 for my game server. and yes i'm sure.

image.png.4044b9fb345fd0e9016b6a98a930b478.png
5.Using a listening software and checking with multiple websites if the port is open.[I been down this road before as i said in the topic where i called the company directly where i had multiple people not know shit and eventually one did and they did something which idk why that opened the port]

6.if you're talking about my pc then yes. now i'm just guessing but it has to be something in the router website.

Here's a random pic of the website.

image.png.916ce18e05592813519004315f54fbe9.png

If you go into advanced there is an option for port forwarding. Note, you might get problems if you use virtual machine host. You should open the ports manually and not with a guide system on the older D-Link routers.

2 hours ago, AbsoluteFool said:

If you go into advanced there is an option for port forwarding. Note, you might get problems if you use virtual machine host. You should open the ports manually and not with a guide system on the older D-Link routers.

For the billion time my friend their all port forwarded properly the last pic is simply a random pic for people to look at the layout.

Posted on 4 websites 0 helpful replies no one can help apparently no one has any idea what i should do.

If your port forwarding is correct and your WAN rules are correct, the next 2 thinks I would say try is

1) can you put it in a DMZ on your router and test if you can connect

2) there is a possibility your ISP is blocking ports on their end

15 hours ago, PsyOpWarlord said:

If your port forwarding is correct and your WAN rules are correct, the next 2 thinks I would say try is

1) can you put it in a DMZ on your router and test if you can connect

2) there is a possibility your ISP is blocking ports on their end

dmz as in my private ipv4 which in the pic above is 10.0.0.1

Feels like you are omitting some important information here. I mean, at the end of the day, if you did everything correctly then it would work.

You said that last time you contacted someone and they fixed it for you. Who was it you contacted?

Is this the only router you got in your network?

You said that you are in a DMZ. Does the DMZ even have access to the Internet to begin with? Can you visit a website on your server?

Is your network only a single router, with a single network, and on one of them you got a computer that you want to use as a game server?

How have you verified that the connection isn't being blocked on the host?

Does it work over the LAN?