100-150 USD Case Help?!?!

jai127

I have roughly 100 to 150 MAX budgeted for my case. My only requirements is that it has to have a optical drive ( Nobody got time to install drivers off a USB; COUGH COUGH NZXT) and it has to fit my MicroATX motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/article/720-building-a-hackintosh/

^ I'm using the Z77 AOS Quo Motherboard, so a case that would fit with that and any old GTX 760-770, in terms of aesthetics. I also will be using a water cooler for my GPU and CPU, so i don't have to have a really high airflow case, like the HAF series.

Thanks!

R4

(Realized Micro Atx)

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Arc Mini R2 if you want something solid, FT03 if you want something interesting.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Rosewill Thor V2. easily my best case yet and recommendation.  black version is 110 USD on newegg and the white version (what i have) is 139.99$ USD

very big, lots of space and good cable management options. 

i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz at 1.2v (5ghz @ 1.4v max stable) , Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 Clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/, AsRock Z75 Pro3 Mobo, 8gb of 1333mhz ram @ 1600-8-9-8-16.

I'd suggest the CM N200, Arc Mini R2, Define Mini, 350D.

Rosewill Thor V2. easily my best case yet and recommendation.  black version is 110 USD on newegg and the white version (what i have) is 139.99$ USD

Speaking of cables, putting a matx mobo inside of a full tower isn't exactly a good idea considering some cables may end up not being long enough.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

R4

(Realized Micro Atx)

He said the case has to fit mATX.

I think h440 would suit you well, you can take white which fits hackintosh and it has a great watercooling cabability.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

@op you shouldnt be installing drivers from a cd anyways... & heard of external dvd drives? :D

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

I'd suggest the CM N200, Arc Mini R2, Define Mini, 350D.

Speaking of cables, putting a matx mobo inside of a full tower isn't exactly a good idea considering some cables may end up not being long enough.

you got a point there.  i sadly don't got a good midtower suggestion atm

i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz at 1.2v (5ghz @ 1.4v max stable) , Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 Clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/, AsRock Z75 Pro3 Mobo, 8gb of 1333mhz ram @ 1600-8-9-8-16.

He said the case has to fit mATX.

I think h440 would suit you well, you can take white which fits hackintosh and it has a great watercooling cabability.

Like he said and you know he wants a M-ATX board to in the case.

Also I'd take a look at the Define Mini

Quote me to get a reply!

I have roughly 100 to 150 MAX budgeted for my case. My only requirements is that it has to have a optical drive ( Nobody got time to install drivers off a USB; COUGH COUGH NZXT) and it has to fit my MicroATX motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/article/720-building-a-hackintosh/

^ I'm using the Z77 AOS Quo Motherboard, so a case that would fit with that and any old GTX 760-770, in terms of aesthetics. I also will be using a water cooler for my GPU and CPU, so i don't have to have a really high airflow case, like the HAF series.

Thanks!

Are you thinking a custom water solution or two AIO? What size radiators?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Define Mini then?

I concur. The design is clean and it will fit your radiator, while satisfying your need for an optical bay. 

Long live 5.25 inch bays!

I concur. The design is clean and it will fit your radiator, while satisfying your need for an optical bay.

Long live 5.25 inch bays!

The Arc Mini R2 does the job aswell.

Quote me to get a reply!

H630. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Well, as far as I know h440 fits matx...

Curing shitposts by shitposts

yeah that will obviously be a great idea to have a huge full tower case alongside the microatx setup the guy uses. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Well, as far as I know h440 fits matx...

It will look barren.

Quote me to get a reply!