Any recommendation for business laptop at about $800?

Well...long story short, a friend of mine want me to recommend a "budget" laptop for business, more specifically around $800. Never thought it would be hard until I did some research-- I mean, it is pretty hard for me to find a balance between portability and performance, especially when a dedicated graphic card is not a requirement. What is the most important criteria when I am looking for a business laptop at that price? What kind of product should I expect within that range?

16 minutes ago, Dictbot said:

important criteria when I am looking for a business laptop at that price?

Typing experience, ports and battery life

If performance isn't necessarily the primary concern, I've typically pointed towards build quality and reliability. I've had a lot of clients go through heartache when their consumer grade machine dies or has issues requiring repair. Unless they have someone supporting them on that level, they're left with going through manufacturer warranty work and that can be a pain.

I've always been a sucker for HP Elitebooks. Though I don't have as much experience with the latest lineup, I've overall been happy with the series as well as HP's warranty service with anything that has the word "Business" attached. This can be particularly the case with their more expensive machines where I've had a technician show up that same day at my home to swap the main board and heatsinks. It's also worth keeping an eye out for manufacturer refurbished (I dig the pricing for the quality). It's not everyone's cup o' tea, but it can help get more bang for the buck.

There is no spoon.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 12:06 AM, Dictbot said:

around $800

Where are you from? Any preference on weight, battery life and display size?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128