Thoughts?

Go to solution Solved by Gohardgrandpa,

I’ve got a b450 tomahawk and 3000mhz hyper x ram. I’m just waiting on the cpus to release to plug n play. Any reason your going 3600 instead of 3700? I’m going 8 core 

So i was looking for a mobo for the 3rd gen ryzen cpus (specifically r5 3600) and wasn't getting an x570 since they are pretty darn expensive, so after several research i am deciding to get the msi b450 gaming carbon ac and will pair it with the ram i already have (gskil trident royal 16gb 3200mhz) hopefully enough for r5 3600, thoughts on the mobo and choices in general? Anything i can improve?

I’ve got a b450 tomahawk and 3000mhz hyper x ram. I’m just waiting on the cpus to release to plug n play. Any reason your going 3600 instead of 3700? I’m going 8 core 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

23 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I fe that the 3600 is just quite enough for me since i was using intel so its still a huge upgrade lol

7 hours ago, HairyPotter said:

I fe that the 3600 is just quite enough for me since i was using intel so its still a huge upgrade lol

What cpu did you have before? I’ve seen the pass mark benchmark of the 3600 and it is impressive, I’m hoping the 3700x does better. 

Im coming from a 1800x and this single thread boost is gonna be great for 1080p 144hz gaming. My 1800x does decent now but it being even with intel will be great

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

27 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

What cpu did you have before? I’ve seen the pass mark benchmark of the 3600 and it is impressive, I’m hoping the 3700x does better. 

Im coming from a 1800x and this single thread boost is gonna be great for 1080p 144hz gaming. My 1800x does decent now but it being even with intel will be great

I had a gaming laptop with an i5 8300h/1050ti and decided it was time to build a pc so sold it and now going for an rtx 2060 super/rtx 2070 and ryzen 5 3600, yeah this years ryzen is big upgrade

The strix rtx2060 I bought at launch has been solid at 1080p, I’m very happy with it. You’ll like the super card if you go with it. 

Im happy with my ryzen 1800x but I know the better single threaded performance of the 3000 series will hold me over til the next socket  change and I gotta quit spending money on this pc. Seems like every time I turn around there is a sale on something 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

32 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

The strix rtx2060 I bought at launch has been solid at 1080p, I’m very happy with it. You’ll like the super card if you go with it. 

Im happy with my ryzen 1800x but I know the better single threaded performance of the 3000 series will hold me over til the next socket  change and I gotta quit spending money on this pc. Seems like every time I turn around there is a sale on something 

Lol this is so damn true bro sales are going crazy recently