Does my motherboard support 1gb speed? x470

D1D0T

My new pc has the arous x470 ultra gaming motherboard.In the properties of my network adapter there is an option of 1.0gbps full duplex.but when i apply it my lan stops worrking. I tried running the lan cable through and without the router.I am using cat 6 cables.

What router and other components do you have in the chain?

Sounds like something only has a 100Mbps port and forcing a 1.0Gbps on one end when the other doesn't support 1Gbps will make it stop working until you change it to something both sides support.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

What router and other components do you have in the chain?

Sounds like something only has a 100Mbps port and forcing a 1.0Gbps on one end when the other doesn't support 1Gbps will make it stop working until you change it to something both sides support.

My rputer is D-Link Dir-816.I tried runnin it directly from lan to pc bypassing the router it doesnt work. As you said it stops working when i change it to 1gbps full duplex but when i change it back to 100 it works.Does my motherboard support such speed? any fixes? i am wasting my package of 200mbps

2 minutes ago, D1D0T said:

My rputer is D-Link Dir-816.I tried runnin it directly from lan to pc bypassing the router it doesnt work. As you said it stops working when i change it to 1gbps full duplex but when i change it back to 100 it works.Does my motherboard support such speed? any fixes? i am wasting my package of 200mbps

Well the router only has 100Mbps ports and I suspect the ISP supplied device only has a 100Mbps port as well. You said from the lan to PC, do you mean from your computer to the ISP supplied box or to a switch? If so what model switch?

The board 100% supports gigabit speed

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Well the router only has 100Mbps ports and I suspect the ISP supplied device only has a 100Mbps port as well. You said from the lan to PC, do you mean from your computer to the ISP supplied box or to a switch? If so what model switch?

The board 100% supports gigabit speed

from the wall to the pc. I am not sure if that is what you mean by switch

Does arous x470 ultra gaming  support gigabyte speed ?

Just now, D1D0T said:

from the wall to the pc. I am not sure if that is what you mean by switch

When you say from the wall to the PC, you mean the ISP line that comes in?

Either way I'm positive whatever is on the other side only supports 100Mbps. You'll need a new router at the very least to get beyond 100Mbps speed.

Just now, D1D0T said:

Yes, it supports gigabit speed. No motherboards these days, beyond some $5 cheapo ultra low spec boards, only have 100Mbps ports.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

When you say from the wall to the PC, you mean the ISP line that comes in?

Either way I'm positive whatever is on the other side only supports 100Mbps. You'll need a new router at the very least to get beyond 100Mbps speed.

Yes directly in the isp line without a router

Just now, D1D0T said:

Yes directly in the isp line without a router

Then I would do two things:

1 - Get a router with gigabit WAN and LAN ports

2 - Call your ISP, landlord, etc and tell them whatever is on the other side of the wall is only giving you 100Mbps speed and have them fix it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

18 hours ago, D1D0T said:

My rputer is D-Link Dir-816

This router does not support gigabit.  It only supports 10/100.  if you want to be able to connect at gigabit, you will need a new router.  Since it only supports 100Mbps, you are only getting half the speed offered by your ISP (you stated you had the 200Mbps plan).

18 hours ago, D1D0T said:

Yes it has an Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit), but it won't work at gigabit speed until you upgrade your router.