ABS R206-ITX?

Edward78

GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX (AM4 AMD/B550/Mini-Itx/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 1/WiFi 6/2.5 GbE LAN/PCIe4.0/Realtek ALC1220-Vb/DisplayPort 1.4/2xHDMI 2.0B/RGB Fusion 2.0/DDR4/Gaming Motherboard) ,AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked 4.7 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

DO NOT BUY THAT F*CKING PILE OF DOG SH*T CASE.

I'm staring at one that's totally unusable. I bought it a little over two weeks ago. The power supply is the issue. For one, it takes SFX. If you didn't know that, now you do, and your $20 case just because a $70-80 case. Two, the power supply sits in a bizarre position. It's in the front of the case at a 90-degree angle, with its exhaust end sticking up through a vent at the top. There's no cable included to run from the PSU to the back of the case. If you ask ABS about it, they'll take a week to tell you that the power cable you can't use the case without is actually a $12 part sold separately. They're only too happy to send you the link. And this isn't something where you can just run your own right-angle power cable out the back to an extension cord. Been there, tried that. If you don't have ABS' proprietary cable, you can't put the grate back on over your PSU, so you're going to have to run your power cord out the top of the case to get to an outlet. So, if you didn't know about the SFX thing, your $20 case that's missing a $12 part is now an $82-92 case, and it still feels like it's made of aluminum foil.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to ever buy this case. It seems like a good idea, then you add things up and go, "Screw it, that low-profile Rosewill case comes with a PSU installed and costs $50 total with no surprises."

Also, yes, they're low-profile slots.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

• 7 months later...

reviving thread in reply to the above comment, and for anyone that already bought this case or still wants this case, (without respect to ABS customer service because I did not ask them for any help)

looking at all the slim cases, it DOES seem to be the smallest in cubic inches from the description on newegg, smaller than the rosewill one mentioned above (ABS ~800in³ vs Rosewill~850in³)

The PSU cable extension-cord you are all probably needing to google up is a 90-degree/short/low-profile c14 to c13 cable with screw holes.

At the time of this writing you can find this cable on AliExpress for $8~ w/shipping to the US; I didn't know where to find this cable when I first bought it and searched around to find one that cost $18~ from some specific sfx equipment website that I don't remember.

Whether or not you buy your cable as a short extension cord with screw holes, or just a longer right angle cable, YOU WILL want to pay attention to:

• if the PSU INLET being too close to RIGHT side or LEFT of the PSU (with respect to exhaust fan or however you think about left/right), because that will cause the wrong angled cable to not fit in the case at all or without some minor modification. 
  • which way your PSU's CABLE 3 PRONG's orientation to get the correct left/right angled cable

BUY the cable which will angle the wire will point the psu extension cord INWARD from edges, NOT TOWARDS THE OUTER EDGE of the side-of-psu-with-extension facing you. 

Some PSUs inlets are away from the edge enough to not matter which right angle cable you buy because the incorrect direction extension will only require a harsh bend to fit in the case; I bought the wrong direction cable and ended up having to trim off some chunks of cable strain relief off of my cable to make a bend that would fit inside the case. You MIGHT like that better if you don't want the extension jutting out in front of the PSU exhaust but IMO that's a papercut I'd like to avoid in the future for a low wattage power supply that's already going to get another grate/panel installed in front of it and the extension cord anyway.

If you happen to buy something like the Seasonic Focus SGX-450 like me, that is SFX-L category length, the component cables will jut out in the way of the 5.25-inch Drive Bay, which is removable, and something I didn't care particularly for. The door to the drive bay is held closed by a spring and the physical button mechanism it uses to press the open button on your drive will more than likely be the incorrect length to correctly install a CD drive with anyway, I had removed and sanded and replaced the button's small plastic part down to workable state before I discovered that the PSU wouldn't let it fit anyway. 

That's pretty much the extent of my problems with the case. It's small and cheap and my rating is that it's worth the inch off the LENGTH and HEIGHT (compared to the Rosewill) if you get it for $20 on sale + ~$8 extension cable and will care to double check what cable and PSU you're buying to match. I love mine and spent a little too much on my cable and a little too long figuring out what all was weird about it; but yeah, there's plenty of space here to save yourself the trouble. AMA

Edited by rainland

On 6/30/2019 at 7:45 AM, aisle9 said:

DO NOT BUY THAT F*CKING PILE OF DOG SH*T CASE.

I'm staring at one that's totally unusable. I bought it a little over two weeks ago. The power supply is the issue. For one, it takes SFX. If you didn't know that, now you do, and your $20 case just because a $70-80 case. Two, the power supply sits in a bizarre position. It's in the front of the case at a 90-degree angle, with its exhaust end sticking up through a vent at the top. There's no cable included to run from the PSU to the back of the case. If you ask ABS about it, they'll take a week to tell you that the power cable you can't use the case without is actually a $12 part sold separately. They're only too happy to send you the link. And this isn't something where you can just run your own right-angle power cable out the back to an extension cord. Been there, tried that. If you don't have ABS' proprietary cable, you can't put the grate back on over your PSU, so you're going to have to run your power cord out the top of the case to get to an outlet. So, if you didn't know about the SFX thing, your $20 case that's missing a $12 part is now an $82-92 case, and it still feels like it's made of aluminum foil.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to ever buy this case. It seems like a good idea, then you add things up and go, "Screw it, that low-profile Rosewill case comes with a PSU installed and costs $50 total with no surprises."

Also, yes, they're low-profile slots.

They don't even include the cable? What assholes.

9 minutes ago, ZzLy said:

They don't even include the cable? What assholes.

In the case’s defense, after figuring out how to finish the build, it’s been the most convenient little PC ever. 10/10 once completed, 3/10 to complete

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.