Hard drive making chirping noises

I recently bought my pc and this noise started occurring in my hard drive. I upgraded from the WD blue to a WD black and it still makes the noise. Why is it still making this noise? I know it’s the hdd because I unplugged the data and started up the pc and it didn’t make the noise. Please help.

Just sounds like a hardrive to me. Remember that disk is moving 7200 rpm thats pretty fast to still try and be silent.

4 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

Just sounds like a hardrive to me. Remember that disk is moving 7200 rpm thats pretty fast to still try and be silent.

It’s really loud though. Even with the back of the case on. It sounds abnormal compared to other hard drives I’ve heard.

1 minute ago, Ashton Powell said:

It’s really loud though. Even with the back of the case on. It sounds abnormal compared to other hard drives I’ve heard.

You upgraded from a blue to a black correct? if so that would be two hard drives that are defective from the factory and I don't hear any noise thats abnormal. Don't get me wrong hard drives can be annoying but I don't think there is anything wrong.

12 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

You upgraded from a blue to a black correct? if so that would be two hard drives that are defective from the factory and I don't hear any noise thats abnormal. Don't get me wrong hard drives can be annoying but I don't think there is anything wrong.

Ok thanks. That makes sense.