Microphone next to PC

NotMrTaco

Hey, thanks for clicking on this topic. I finally got a job (its a paid internship), but anyways I will get paid soon, and Im going to build a pc, and I want to buy a new microphone, because my modmic wire has annoyed the crap out of me, and I just want a mic on a boom arm in general. I've been looking at getting the rode procaster, because the dynamic properties of it, I have heard that its great for enviroments where theres a lot of noise,( my mom screaming at me, the computer fans). I've also seen some microphone kits such as the nt1-a for around the same price as the procaster, and I was wondering what would be best in my case. Thanks!

i love my Rode NT1 USB...i have a modmic, and i´m tired of it, the Rode, does pick up a bit more of my mechanical keyboard, but not that much.

16 hours ago, RasmusDC said:

i love my Rode NT1 USB...i have a modmic, and i´m tired of it, the Rode, does pick up a bit more of my mechanical keyboard, but not that much.

Would you say it does well at eliminating background sounds such as maybe fans? I tried out a condenser microphone of my friend and found it to be picking up his fan from across his room.