Mini ITX Board for 8350

t4t03

My friend is looking to build a new pc and he has his heart set on a Prodigy for the case. I'm trying to get him the best gaming performance for the money and so I though he should go with an 8350, however I'm struggling to find an ITX board to go with it. His budget is around £800 for the whole system.

Mobo: MSI X99A Gaming 7 | CPU: 5820K | CPU Cooler: H100i with NF-F12s in push | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | GPU: MSI GTX 780 Gaming Edition | SSDs: Samsung 840 EVO & 250GB Sandisk Extreme 120GB | HDD: Various

And the point of this post was?

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

There are no ITX AM3+ boards in this world, sorry.

There are no ITX AM3+ boards in this world, sorry.

Thanks for the info, guess I'll just have to go for an 1150 board then. Probably a 4670 or a 4670k.

Mobo: MSI X99A Gaming 7 | CPU: 5820K | CPU Cooler: H100i with NF-F12s in push | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | GPU: MSI GTX 780 Gaming Edition | SSDs: Samsung 840 EVO & 250GB Sandisk Extreme 120GB | HDD: Various

And the point of this post was?

You swap the atx board for itx... Because Asus makes great itx boards

hellooooooooo

Thanks for the info, guess I'll just have to go for an 1150 board then. Probably a 4670 or a 4670k.

Go for the K series regardless the scenario. Even if you don't have plans on overclocking right away, in the future if you decide you would like to, then it's nice to have. Besides, you're talking about the difference in what, 20 USD? 

//ccap

AM3+ socket is physically too large to make a good or even usable ITX board for.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Why not go for the Prodigy M? It seems to be easier to build in than the normal Prodigy and there are m-ATX AMD boards out there. Also, if you do plan on getting an after market cooler or overclocking, I would just go with an 8320. It can overclock to 4GHz right out of the box for $50 less than an 8350.

Go for the K series regardless the scenario. Even if you don't have plans on overclocking right away, in the future if you decide you would like to, then it's nice to have. Besides, you're talking about the difference in what, 20 USD? 

Wow, that is a pretty expensive build you got there. Anyways, I still think he should stick with the AMD option, will help in multi-threaded tasks more than an i5 in case he ever needs to use them. 

Any suggestions for a good M-ATX board for an 8350 or an 8320 then?

Why not go for the Prodigy M?

Because it's crap? It takes everything good about the Prodigy (mainly air flow) and murders it, then shits on it, then flips it the bird.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Why not go for the Prodigy M? It seems to be easier to build in than the normal Prodigy and there are m-ATX AMD boards out there. Also, if you do plan on getting an after market cooler or overclocking, I would just go with an 8320. It can overclock to 4GHz right out of the box for $50 less than an 8350.

even some of the full atx boards get killed by the 8 core amds. also if you could run one in an matx case, apart from maybe a 350d, it would produce way too much heat for any fans in there to remove efficiently, my fx 6200 used to put out loads of heat and that was a 6 core. i had 4 120mm fans in the case for airflow though so it was ok. if you were to build a matx amd system the 7850k would be the best option, but with an £800 budget the op is better off going with an i5

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

if you go with non K cpu,which is fine,go with 4570 not 4670.if you consider 4670 might as well go with the K one

My friend is looking to build a new pc and he has his heart set on a Prodigy for the case. I'm trying to get him the best gaming performance for the money and so I though he should go with an 8350, however I'm struggling to find an ITX board to go with it. His budget is around £800 for the whole system.

go intel if you want to do that.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!