Swapping HDD

Dreadnought

So I have this old Core 2 Duo PC, Windows 10 is installed in this PC (it was win7 but I upgraded it to win10 several years ago). I decided to sell this PC, so I tried to do a clean install. Everything was smooth until I got to the region selection part (look at my attached picture). I can't move my mouse, the cursor isn't even there, and I can't move using my arrow keys on my keyboard either.

So now, my plan is to get a new 500GB HDD. Then I'll boot through my USB flash drive. There will be no problem with that, right? Do you think the problem was in my old HDD? So if I swap it with the new one, should be no problem, right? I need your help.

I have no idea what you are using to erase your data. I would simply format the hdd on another pc with out overwriting it, then put it back and let the customer install their own windows. And yes there will be no prob with swapping the drive

15 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

I have no idea what you are using to erase your data. I would simply format the hdd on another pc with out overwriting it, then put it back and let the customer install their own windows. And yes there will be no prob with swapping the drive

I did a clean install directly from windows, through control panel. I've been building PCs for years and this is the first time I've encountered this problem. I'll try to format this hdd on my main pc. 

1 hour ago, MojangYang said:

Btw thanks for you help, didn't even think of formatting it on another pc ?