1 headset, 2 PCs

Rxd

Is there a way to use 1 headset and listen to the audio output of 2 different systems without any drawbacks? Suggested products would be apriciated.

Put a 3.5mm cable from system #2 audio out to system #1 audio in and turn on listen to this device. Then headphones connected to system #1 will have audio of both systems.

@Zagna Will there be any delay or loss in quality from the #2 system or both will be equally treated and won't matter which is the 2nd system?

Just now, Rxd said:

@Zagna Will there be any delay or loss in quality from the #2 system or both will be equally and won't matter which is the 2nd system?

Any delay would be too small to notice.

Will get a cable and try it out. If anyone has other suggestions I am open to try them as well!

On 6/19/2019 at 11:24 PM, Rxd said:

Will get a cable and try it out. If anyone has other suggestions I am open to try them as well!

Really the only other way to do this would be to invest in a mixer, and just mix the two sources together, but mixers are definitely more expensive than a cable.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

On 6/23/2019 at 6:05 AM, Rxd said:

@KaminKevCrew Any suggestions for a mixer? Preferably budget friendly!

Behringer makes some decent stuff that's pretty affordable. Yamaha also makes some good stuff, and I'd probably trust them more though for feature parity they are generally going to be more expensive than behringer. That being said, you don't exactly need a crazy mixer to get this done - you shouldn't need anything more than a basic one. 

I think that will only work if your headset isn't USB though. 

e.g.

PC1 => mixer,

PC2 => mixer,

mixer => headphones

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I use Voicemeeter for this purpose.

I have a dual-PC streaming setup, and Voicemeeters VBAN feature allows you to play audio from one PC on another, no cables needed, they just have to be on the same network

Video reviews: https://youtube.com/goldensound Written reviews and measurements: https://goldensound.audio
Current Main Setup: Roon -> HQPlayer -> Intel NUC -> Intona 7055-C Isolator -> Holo Audio May KTE DAC-> Holo Serene KTE preamp -> Benchmark AHB2 / Woo WA33
Most used headphones: Hifiman Susvara, Abyss 1266 Phi TC, Sennheiser HD800-S

maybe this mixer is on you could use. i use one of the bigger ones (x1222 usb) out of this series on a daily basis and it works perfect for me. if you have a little more money to spend look here and get the best one you can afford. and get two of these i haven't used these exact ones myself but i heard that they are very good. one little bit of advice i will give you is stay away those 3 ft cables, because then you will always see that it is just the tiniest bit to short. don't ask me how i know.  

• 5 months later...

Could use Soundlt ..  Its pretty easy to use and does the job for me at least.. I use it with the windows app Mouse Without Borders ..  One keyboard and mouse to control upto 4 computers like they are extended monitors. And Soundlt to send the sound from the laptops to the main PC. Its like using extended monitors .. Easy.