Whatsapp Bot?!

cluelessgenius

so my boss asked me to evaluate this project idea.

where it would basically be a news ticker.

youd text a certain number a certain text and that would register your own number into a mailinglist of sorts. and then one could push news messages to all registered numbers.

does anyone have an idea how to do this without some subscription service. preferrably in c# but it really doesnt matter.

all i could find is twilio and some other of the same kind where you pay per message but is there no API or soomething out there to do it myself?

the only github projects i could find actually use the web interface for whatsapp and just machine click through the page to do stuff wiich i fear is not gonna be stable or fast enough. estimated users might be around 500-1000

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Just now, Thomas_nerd said:

are you going on a post spree

nope just two topics i had right now

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

44 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

I'm pretty sure that WhatsApp has an API allowing you to do such things. This is what I found and I'm pretty sure that's what you need to look into: https://www.whatsapp.com/business/api

yeah but is it free? dont they have a subscription fee or something?

1 hour ago, cluelessgenius said:

yeah but is it free? dont they have a subscription fee or something?

I've never used but my guess is there might be some free and paid features but the ones you need are free. That's just a guess though, considering that's how Facebook for businesses works. Just give it a try.

9 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

I've never used but my guess is there might be some free and paid features but the ones you need are free. That's just a guess though, considering that's how Facebook for businesses works. Just give it a try.

i will thanks. but it appears to be in some sort of preview state here where as a business you need to apply for a chance to use it

1 hour ago, cluelessgenius said:

i will thanks. but it appears to be in some sort of preview state here where as a business you need to apply for a chance to use it

Then apply, or at least get in touch with them .