Custom Build Advice

ARozay

I am doing this on the go, so paragraphs is tricky right now. I am happy to be a new member here but here is my dilemma. I am 99.99 percent leaning to do a water cooled build right now. I have a couple questions, I will be overclocking the whole system. Here is the main parts of the build I wanted to share get feedback on. 

-INTEL I9 9900K

-GIGABYTE AUROUS ULTRA MOTHERBOARD Z390

-GIGABYTE RTX 2080 TI SEAHAWK WITH WATERBLOCK

-32GIG OF TRIDENTZ RAM 

- 970 EVO PLUS PCI EXPRESS 2 TB

-THERMALTAKE CORE P5 FOR CASE

-EKWB EK-VELOCITY CPU WATERBLOCK

-THERMALTAKE PACIFIC 5 SPEED D5 PUMP/RESERVOIR COMBO

I can save so much money just using an aio cooler and do the same for the gpu. I am trying not to budget this build and just build something I am happy with and this way I can run stable overclocks and etc. Just want some advice if I can run really good stable 5ghz plus overclockks with aio coolers. My budget is 4500 and I am little over that which I prepared for.

Just want to here from this community and advice. I have hired someone to help me with the watercooling and overclocking. Please any feedback would really help, things I want to know best 2080 ti for watercooling, the best possible ram for overclocking, we picked a very high tier model of ram waiting to here back from my guy. I am not crazy experienced like a lot of you but really enjoy this and ready to build something next level. 

thank you 

wait for Zen 2 in a month. 

get a waterblock X570 board from ASrock i believe. buying an investing in a 9900k isnt a good idea right now. 

For what I am doing the 9900 is what I want, I want to stick with intel, the only reason I would wait is to see the 2080 ti super, new stuff is always coming out, but I really wanted to stick with intel. Ughhh, I did not want to say this as I do not know the vibes of this forum yet, I have so much respect for Linus and his team so wanted to join this forum. I game professionally for and a top gaming org and have a certain tourment coming in July and wanted to upgrade. I guess I could wait, anyone else think the i9 9900k and 2080 ti will do me great for years to come. I play Fortnite professionally and use my computer for hours on hours at a time and that’s why I am water-cooling, fortnite is a very easy game to run but also the better the performance the better the game runs. 

to risky learning waterblock at $4000 pc .

better you with general oc (+ hope won silicon lottery) or trial error with dummy pc or someone proffesional guide you on direct.

here one of beast rtx 2080ti, claim reach 18,5% improvement in games with manual oc.

https://www.bit-tech.net/reviews/msi-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-lightning-z-review/11/

pick what you need and you believe :

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($484.89 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X72 Liquid CPU Cooler  ($166.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - MEG Z390 ACE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($271.03 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Sniper X 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($304.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Intel - 760p Series 2 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($365.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB LIGHTNING Z Video Card 
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1712.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-17 09:19 EDT-0400

thanks for your input, I have a professional helping me build it and overclock it. It is so much cheaper, if I just do a normal build but I like the watercooling aspect. I do not know what to do, im stuck. Is it a bad time to buy the i9 9900k and 2080 ti as new things will come out ( which always will happen) but this specific time. I want to stick with intel, trying to figure this all out. Thanks for any feedback.

4 hours ago, ahmad13610 said:

thanks for putting this together only problem is that card you listed is very hard to get near impossible for normal retail 

pick what you need and you believe :

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X72 Liquid CPU Cooler  ($166.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - MEG Z390 ACE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($271.03 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Sniper X 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($304.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Intel - 760p Series 2 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($365.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB LIGHTNING Z Video Card 
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1712.79
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-17 09:19 EDT-0400

Did you consider either of the two Gigabyte custom loop ready motherboard options? Expensive but offer a number of benefits. Not the least of which is the monoblock provides CPU and PCH cooling for optimal overclocking.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

You could reach 5 ghz on all cores with a good aio here is a build with aios

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Asus - ROG RYUJIN 360 121.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($282.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($211.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($289.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB SEA HAWK X Video Card  ($1129.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($199.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $2879.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-17

15:32 EDT-0400

or with that kind of budget you could even use 2 rtx 2080tis

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Asus - ROG RYUJIN 360 121.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($282.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($211.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB SEA HAWK X Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($1129.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB SEA HAWK X Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($1129.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($199.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $4009.72
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-17 15:33 EDT-0400

10 hours ago, ARozay said:

I am doing this on the go, so paragraphs is tricky right now. I am happy to be a new member here but here is my dilemma. I am 99.99 percent leaning to do a water cooled build right now. I have a couple questions, I will be overclocking the whole system. Here is the main parts of the build I wanted to share get feedback on. 

-INTEL I9 9900K

-GIGABYTE AUROUS ULTRA MOTHERBOARD Z390

-GIGABYTE RTX 2080 TI SEAHAWK WITH WATERBLOCK

-32GIG OF TRIDENTZ RAM 

- 970 EVO PLUS PCI EXPRESS 2 TB

-THERMALTAKE CORE P5 FOR CASE

-EKWB EK-VELOCITY CPU WATERBLOCK

-THERMALTAKE PACIFIC 5 SPEED D5 PUMP/RESERVOIR COMBO

I can save so much money just using an aio cooler and do the same for the gpu. I am trying not to budget this build and just build something I am happy with and this way I can run stable overclocks and etc. Just want some advice if I can run really good stable 5ghz plus overclockks with aio coolers. My budget is 4500 and I am little over that which I prepared for.

Just want to here from this community and advice. I have hired someone to help me with the watercooling and overclocking. Please any feedback would really help, things I want to know best 2080 ti for watercooling, the best possible ram for overclocking, we picked a very high tier model of ram waiting to here back from my guy. I am not crazy experienced like a lot of you but really enjoy this and ready to build something next level. 

thank you 

Bro if u r budget is 4500 then just go and buy the aorus Xtreme waterforce bundle with i9 9900k and have full with water-cooling and over locked at 5.1ghz

1 hour ago, Adsome2007 said:

You could reach 5 ghz on all cores with a good aio here is a build with aios

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB SEA HAWK X Video Card  ($1129.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $2879.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-17

15:32 EDT-0400

or with that kind of budget you could even use 2 rtx 2080tis

PCPartPicker Part List

Total: $4009.72
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-17 15:33 EDT-0400

That board is pretty bad for a $3K build. The Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master or Ultra have a better VRM for less money.

Also that AIO isn't anything special either from what I have read. Certainly not worth $280. 

A 1200W psu is major overkill for a single 2080 ti setup. I would say that SLI isn't worth it either.

Ya, do you guys think it’s a okay time to buy a 2080 ti and i9, really want to build this pc. I have the water cooled pc all built just have to order the parts and then pay the guy to come and do it, or I can just do all aio coolers, so much choice anxiety. Really is overwhelming, I was using the aurous ultra motherboard. If a good community gives me the go ahead to do an i9 and a 2080 ti right now I am going to pull the trigger, I do no want amd want to go intel; but I know cards come out the super line up but then again in 2020, but I know stuff is always coming out which I’m fine with. Just want a really beast gaming pc that can overclock and do everything gaming top notch but also stay cool

1 hour ago, Rony101 said:

Bro if u r budget is 4500 then just go and buy the aorus Xtreme waterforce bundle with i9 9900k and have full with water-cooling and over locked at 5.1ghz

My budget is that much with paying for a professional building the pc with the custom water cool setup for gpu and cpu

2 minutes ago, ARozay said:

Ya, do you guys think it’s a okay time to buy a 2080 ti and i9, really want to build this pc. I have the water cooled pc all built just have to order the parts and then pay the guy to come and do it, or I can just do all aio coolers, so much choice anxiety. Really is overwhelming, I was using the aurous ultra motherboard. If a good community gives me the go ahead to do an i9 and a 2080 ti right now I am going to pull the trigger, I do no want amd want to go intel; but I know cards come out the super line up but then again in 2020, but I know stuff is always coming out which I’m fine with. Just want a really beast gaming pc that can overclock and do everything gaming top notch but also stay cool

You can easily do aio on your own. Assembly is pretty straight forward. As long as you take the time to think through the order of assembly, read the various assembly instructions (motherboard, case, and psu), and take time putting things together you should not have any difficulty.

At present the i9-9900K is "king of the hill" for gaming. Later this year Intel will likely introduce something better, but that is just speculation at this point.

Aorus Master or Ultra a good choices.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Ya but I think the 9900k will Atleast stay till the top till I need to upgrade will see, I am debating waiting. This choice anxiety is so overwhelming, do not want to buy something like a 2080 ti that’s almost a year old, when I can just be patient 

I think you should wait and see if Nvidia releases super cards

Stick with 2080 its gonna be okay on 1080p 240hz with 5 ghz cpu. 1080p gaming can very stable fps on highest clock rate cpu. except if you wnna play on 1440p, 2080ti best choice so far