O-rings on Cherry MX Speed Keyboard

Reversatile

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is noticeable adding O-rings to my Corsair K70 MX Speed keyboard in terms of feel? I was thinking of gettings O-rings as people often complain when I am on voice calls with them because of my 'loud' keyboard. If it takes away the pleasure of typing on the keyboard then I will not apply O-rings to my keyboard.

Thank you in advance.

16 minutes ago, Reversatile said:

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is noticeable adding O-rings to my Corsair K70 MX Speed keyboard in terms of feel? I was thinking of gettings O-rings as people often complain when I am on voice calls with them because of my 'loud' keyboard. If it takes away the pleasure of typing on the keyboard then I will not apply O-rings to my keyboard.

Thank you in advance.

Yes;

1) You don't bottom out which in itself is an impact feel and an extra loudness.

2) It will as by 1) be quieter and feel mushier (just mushiER but not nearly as mushy as a dome switch) bc of the rings.

I use 2 dental/braces rings on each of my keycaps. I assume with 2 on each that they would collide on each other. So a real O-Ring might feel better. Finally, in case you are wondering, IMO it is a better tradeoff over bottoming out and not being as loud. 

4 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

Yes;

1) You don't bottom out which in itself is an impact feel and an extra loudness.

2) It will as by 1) be quieter and feel mushier (just mushiER but not nearly as mushy as a dome switch) bc of the rings.

I use 2 dental/braces rings on each of my keycaps. I assume with 2 on each that they would collide on each other. So a real O-Ring might feel better. Finally, in case you are wondering, IMO it is a better tradeoff over bottoming out and not being as loud. 

How are they for reducing travel distance? Do they feel squishy?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

21 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

travel distance?

Travel distance is lessened bc it is blocked by the o-ring. You bottom out at the O-Rings rather than the Keyboard's plastic. 

22 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Do they feel squishy? 

Since it is Keycap hitting soft material instead of Keycap hitting keyboard's plastic the bottoming feels mushy because of my 2 dental/braces rings colliding against each other. So the actual bottoming out after o-rings will not be as impactful. I would assume that it depends on the material that you use.

1 hour ago, Reversatile said:

Hello,

Thank you in advance.

Depending on the thickness of the o-ring and how heavy you already type it may help very little and just ruin typing feel. I ended up switching to heavier switches. On of my keyboards have a rubber tactile bump instead of it being all plastic so it helped with noise when typing super heavy or rapid. I used to use o-rings on mx reds and really didn't enjoy it. Made the feel for typing way to mushy for me with MX reds already feeling to mushy as it is.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

O rings are the devil, only get them if you're masochistic.