What is the cause of this problem?

NunoLava1998
Go to solution Solved by xAcid9,

Try re-seat your RAM, clean the contact point as well. 

Whenever my PC gets moved the wrong way (if i touch the back of my case a few times it seems to always do it, or sometimes if i even slam on the desk), my system freezes and plays a loop of the audio that was playing very distorted. If you've heard of a car going on a rocky road, that's exactly what it (TYPICALLY) sounds like. I have to hard-reset my PC (with reset button on case) in order for this to stop. Sometimes this only lasts for a split second, then the PC does a hard-reset by itself.

Strangely enough, this does not happen in the UEFI menu. I have yet to test this on Linux and regular UEFI applications.

I have attached an audio file of what it sounds like. When I look in Event Viewer, near the crash, it seems that for some reason the Event Log service gets started, the NTFS filesystem starts checking if a bunch of disks are okay and 'volmgr' tries to initialize a crash dump but fails.

My recording 6.mp3

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

4 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

I'll try that, but first I'll try just a regular UEFI application to see if it freezes too (it theoretically shouldn't; the BIOS menu is an UEFI app too)

13 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I'll try that, but first I'll try just a regular UEFI application to see if it freezes too (it theoretically shouldn't; the BIOS menu is an UEFI app too)

The UEFI application ran just fine. Going to try linux now.