How bad is this motherboard

Should i get a new motherboard or is this one decent for gaming

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($0.00) 
Motherboard: ASRock - A320M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($0.00) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Toshiba - 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB GAMING X Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Case: NZXT - H500i ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Total: $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-16 02:40 EDT-0400

2 minutes ago, starcoaster said:

if it's the motherboard that PCPP is showing, it looks alright. 6 Phase power delivery with a VRM heatsink is pretty okay for a light OC on it. m.2 support, 1x and 16x PCIE slots.

it looks to be a good entry-level board.

if you're only just building this system, i'd advise waiting for 3rd gen ryzen.

You can't overclock on the A320 chipset, can you?

I bought a prebulilt awhile back because i was new to pc stuff and didnt want to build it and then i just added the new case gpu psu because it needed it badly  but I dont know what to upgrade next just wanted to know if this motherboard is viable rn

Just now, starcoaster said:

you may be right, i'm not a ryzen man so i wouldn't know. 6phase cooled is more than enough for stock operation then

Not into overclocking so its fine 

Just now, starcoaster said:

you're alright then. if that board is meeting your needs you're good to leave it in there

Also is it bad to get a new cpu without changing you motherboard

I would strongly suggest a newer motherboard. The A320 won't be compatible with newer gen Ryzen processors which prevents any future upgrade.

I would suggest looking for a cheap B450 chipset board at least. You will probably get a good deal on one 2nd hand after 3rd gen Ryzen comes out.

1 minute ago, DezGalbie said:

I would strongly suggest a newer motherboard. The A320 won't be compatible with newer gen Ryzen processors which prevents any future upgrade.

I would suggest looking for a cheap B450 chipset board at least. You will probably get a good deal on one 2nd hand after 3rd gen Ryzen comes out.

If i get a new mobo wouldnt i want a get a newer cpu to or no because i was going to get a ryzen 5 2600 but there isnt really a point 

1 minute ago, starcoaster said:

if you're looking to upgrade the core of the system then honestly, wait a little bit and ryzen 3 will be here which will be a hell of a lot better than the upgrade path you're looking down. Even if you don't want to go ryzen 3, still wait for it, because the second hand market will become full of people selling off their 2nd hand ryzen kit

Ok im just going to wait till gen 3 and just upgrade my cpu and motherboard then when does it comeout?

1 minute ago, oclawson said:

If i get a new mobo wouldnt i want a get a newer cpu to or no because i was going to get a ryzen 5 2600 but there isnt really a point 

There will most likely be a point to a newer CPU in future though.

if they're the same generation, no - if you're going to 2nd gen ryzen, you're better off changing board out to a B450

there's not really much point buying a new motherboard just on the offchance you might upgrade, you can just buy one when you upgrade. it won't really offer any extra features while it's just sitting there

The point is to save money when you upgrade. Why buy two motherboards when you could buy just one?

July 7th

you're... still only buying one board whether you buy it now or buy it when you upgrade. by the sounds of it OP already has the A350 board so there's no point replacing it with a 400 series until you've also got a gen2 cpu. waiting the extra time would also lower costs due to upcoming launches - but by the looks of it OP is now going Ryzen 3

I'm talking about future upgrades, not this one being currently planned.

So if OP upgrades now to an A320 board and first gen Ryzen, what will he need to buy when he wants to upgrade that setup in the future?

Well, if he wants to go 3rd gen Ryzen then he will need another board. That makes two boards.

But if he goes with something like B450 now then he won't have to buy another board down the line when he upgrades to 3rd gen Ryzen.

So that makes just one board instead.

2 minutes ago, DezGalbie said:

I'm talking about future upgrades, not this one being currently planned.

So if OP upgrades now to an A320 board and first gen Ryzen, what will he need to buy when he wants to upgrade that setup in the future?

Well, if he wants to go 3rd gen Ryzen then he will need another board. That makes two boards.

But if he goes with something like B450 now then he won't have to buy another board down the line when he upgrades to 3rd gen Ryzen.

So that makes just one board instead.

Im going to wait till gen 3 will a b450 work with gen 3 or no

3 minutes ago, oclawson said:

most, if not all b450s will work with ryzen 3000.

2 minutes ago, oclawson said:

Yeah, B450 will work with 3rd gen.

A320 and probably a couple of B350 boards won't.

Just now, DezGalbie said:

Yeah, B450 will work with 3rd gen.

A320 and probably a couple of B350 boards won't.

Yea i wouldnt think so i made a mistake and bought a prebuilt so it came with it im just going to wait til gen thanks tho

Upgrade the mainboard when you upgrade the cpu. 

If you want to upgrade the cpu because you want a faster one then wait till you test the system after you installed MS's  update that addresses the scheduler. Possibly you get a bit of speed increase with that. 

https://www.itpro.co.uk/hardware/33837/windows-10-may-update-helps-ramp-up-amd-ryzen-performance

Used 2000 series should become more available starting next month with 3000 series release. 

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle