Is it worth getting the Leap Motion Controller for basic use???

ManosMax13

I found out that Leap Motion Controller exists and I want it. I don't do any robotics/programming and I want this for chrome navigation,general windows navigations (instead of mouse) and a little bit  of gaming when possible.Is it worth it for me?

Also should I get tobbi 4c eyetracker instead?

Looks very gimmicky, and the eye tracking isn't very useful. I'd skip both.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Looks very gimmicky, and the eye tracking isn't very useful. I'd skip both.

Well they work and better than I expected.

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

Well they work and better than I expected.

Doesn't make them any less gimmicky. They seem stupid tbh, especially for how much they cost.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Doesn't make them any less gimmicky. They seem stupid tbh, especially for how much they cost.

Well the tap keyboard costs 200 dollars so this is half the price and maybe has some functionality.

Well the tap keyboard costs 200 dollars so this is half the price and maybe has some functionality.

Tap keyboard? What are you talking about lol

From what I can find, the Leap thingy is like $200-300, which is ridiculous. Get a good, normal keyboard.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Tap keyboard? What are you talking about lol

From what I can find, the Leap thingy is like $200-300, which is ridiculous. Get a good, normal keyboard.

Oh here the tap keyboard is 200 the leap and the eyetracker is 100. Thats not that bad of a price for such a different and unique experience.

Oh here the tap keyboard is 200 the leap and the eyetracker is 100. Thats not that bad of a price for such a different and unique experience.

Dude. What is this tap keyboard thing? You don't mention it anywhere in your post.

If you mean the laser projection keyboard, it's a piece of shit and you should never use or buy it, even if it was free. It's awful.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Dude. What is this tap keyboard thing? You don't mention it anywhere in your post.

If you mean the laser projection keyboard, it's a piece of shit and you should never use or buy it, even if it was free. It's awful.

You could just search Tap Keyboard..https://www.tapwithus.com/

didnt mention it because I dont wont it.

4 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

You could just search Tap Keyboard..https://www.tapwithus.com/

didnt mention it because I dont wont it.

Another gimmick...just get a normal keyboard. You're basically throwing away money with the stuff you're listing.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

11 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Another gimmick...just get a normal keyboard. You're basically throwing away money with the stuff you're listing.

I have a keyboard.I just want it for easier navigation.How is it a gimmick if it works?

21 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I have a keyboard.I just want it for easier navigation.How is it a gimmick if it works?

Because I highly doubt it will work as well as you think it will.

I mean, it's your money, but I wouldn't use those if I got them for free.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

@ManosMax13 it sounds like you are trying to convince yourself to buy it in the posts I read above. There is no reason for either, but you do as you wish.

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3