NEW PC WONT EVEN START FANS

Hello, I recently built a pc; my first. I’ve watched and read so many videos and articles that are “beginner mistakes in pc building” my cpu has the right 8 pin connector, my ram is correct, motherboard power, CPU fan, rear fan, and my front panel connectors. I tried the power sw front panel connector in its spot then in all the spots, and then I even tried to get it to work after I placed the reset sw in the spot of the power sw. Still nothing happens, I’ve tried shorting it with a screwdriver, still nope. 

Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte A320M-S2H

CPU: AMD Athlon 200GE

Ram: Corsair Value Select DDR4 (8gb 1x8gb 2133MHz

PSU: EVGA 400 watt (100-N1-0400-L1)

????1... ???? ??? ?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ?? '???, ????, ?????'. ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????????, ?? ??? ???? ????????.

Switch on the back of the PSU switched on?
Normally even with a memory or CPU issue you would still get the fans spin up for a second and then stop.

7 minutes ago, name1 said:

Motherboard: Gigabyte A320M-S2H 

CPU: AMD Athlon 200GE

The Gigabyte A320M-S2H requires a BIOS update to work with the AMD Athlon 200GE. Need version F23 or higher. Could be that the board is running an older BIOS version and doesn't support the CPU. Does the motherboard box have a sticker on it saying "Ryzen 2000 series ready"?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Switch on the back of the PSU switched on?
Normally even with a memory or CPU issue you would still get the fans spin up for a second and then stop.

The Gigabyte A320M-S2H requires a BIOS update to work with the AMD Athlon 200GE. Need version F23 or higher. Could be that the board is running an older BIOS version and doesn't support the CPU. Does the motherboard box have a sticker on it saying "Ryzen 2000 series ready"?

The psu has no switch. The mobo box says supports all amd am4 cpus and also has written Ryzen and athlon on it. I also checked the website in the compatible processor list it also listed Amd athlon 200ge. 

????1... ???? ??? ?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ?? '???, ????, ?????'. ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????????, ?? ??? ???? ????????.

8 minutes ago, name1 said:

The psu has no switch.

Huh, weird. Looking at pictures it doesn't have a on/off switch but it does have a red voltage switch. Make sure you set it to the AC voltage your house power runs on (typically 115V for North America and 230V for Europe).

10 minutes ago, name1 said:

The mobo box says supports all amd am4 cpus and also has written Ryzen and athlon on it. I also checked the website in the compatible processor list it also listed Amd athlon 200ge. 

It's a supported CPU, but only with an updated BIOS.

Does the box have Ryzen 2000 Series Ready above the "S2H" on the front of the box? If it does then it should support the CPU... But looking at the CPU support list the Ryzen 2000 series CPUs only need version F10 BIOS while the Athlon 200GE requires a later version F23.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

11 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Huh, weird. Looking at pictures it doesn't have a on/off switch but it does have a red voltage switch. Make sure you set it to the AC voltage your house power runs on (typically 115V for North America and 230V for Europe).

Does the box have Ryzen 2000 Series Ready above the "S2H" on the front of the box? If it does then it should support the CPU... But looking at the CPU support list the Ryzen 2000 series CPUs only need version F10 BIOS while the Athlon 200GE requires a later version F23.

Yes it does. 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

I’m pretty sure the case is on the mobo. Cause when I have my other pc’s psu plugged in and I plug my chroma keyboard it lights up. But it didn’t when I tried it on this pc. I assume the mobo isn’t getting power. 

1502689697_dothistothepowersupplyitshouldturnon.png.c16e132d8420121fee482834555704ec.png

use a paper clip to check if its the power supply and this is looking at the connector to the power supply.

2 hours ago, Lefteh said:

1502689697_dothistothepowersupplyitshouldturnon.png.c16e132d8420121fee482834555704ec.png

use a paper clip to check if its the power supply and this is looking at the connector to the power supply.

Okay I’ll try that in the morning

20 hours ago, Lefteh said:

i tried it and the fan didn’t spin ); i don’t know what to do now...

on your power supply correct?

if the power supply fan didnt spin then you should RMA the powersupply or return it which ever one works.

1 hour ago, Lefteh said:

on your power supply correct?

if the power supply fan didnt spin then you should RMA the powersupply or return it which ever one works.

Thanks for the help. I am returning to to amazon for a refund. I tested the system with my current computers psu and the system works. I will reorder the psu soon. 

Also Spotty thanks for the help as well.