Question if my repair is worth it

Go to solution Solved by LukeLinusFanFic,

It's not so bad for regular use, and the right buyer (Like me) would love the opportunity to buy a decent laptop with a not that giant an issue for 15$ cheaper.

Depends of when you sell it, but I don't know if it will be worth a whole lot anyway in a few years.

Hi Everyone,

So quick question, my laptop screen just broke due to a drop in my backpack. The laptop I have is an HP Pavilion x360 - 15-bk127cl, with a core i5 7th gen intel processor. The thing still works fine, luckily I not too long ago swapped out my HDD for an SSD so my entire graduate career worth of documents was safe (on top of the backups I have). The issue now though is the screen is broken in the upper right corner. The touchscreen in that area is dead but everywhere else works just fine. That's not too big a deal because I turned that off in device manger any way, because I disliked it. I planned to have this laptop a little while longer, but I eventually do want to sell it. Again I don't want that now or anytime soon but I do kinda wanna ask if this type of repair would be worth it. So the replacement screen on ebay is $56, I also swapped the 1tb hdd for a 500 gb SSD, and I added an extra 8 GB of RAM for a total of 16 GB. All in all, without the screen replacement so far I put in about 112 bucks into it, but it was a gift so I didn't end up having to pay initially for it. So with the repair it would put me around $168, so my question is, when I eventually do go to sell it would it be worth it to have the screen fixed? Or would it not be worth it at all because by the time I go to sell it, the thing wouldn't be worth all that much? Any help would be appreciated. I attached a picture of the screen for reference. Thanks for the help everyone!

broken laptop screen.jpg

It's not so bad for regular use, and the right buyer (Like me) would love the opportunity to buy a decent laptop with a not that giant an issue for 15$ cheaper.

Depends of when you sell it, but I don't know if it will be worth a whole lot anyway in a few years.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Gotcha thanks for the info! Right now I am still gonna use it but I will keep that in mind when the time does come.