First ever custom water cooling build - Looking for advice!

I'm 13, and after having successfully completed my first ever build (A ryzen 3 APU with 8gb DDR4 and a 120gb ssd + 1tb HDD, nothing too fancy), I've decided to move on to custom water cooling.  My current spec sheets are:

PC parts: 

Water cooling parts: https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/shared/oW5cfdcec269342

I'd like any recommendations on changes I can make to the parts list, like cost-saving measures and recommended cases for water cooling, and just any general advice and rookie mistakes I should avoid. I look forward to hearing from you!

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

my first advice is to upgrade performance first, my second advice is to not get EK blocks or EK SE rads as they are pretty meh.

for cases it depends on what you are looking for, Define R6/S2 are nice, the Define/Meshify C if you want something compact or the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic if you want something that shows off your parts well.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Also, is the h500i really better than the h500 for watercooling?

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

my first advice is to upgrade performance first, my second advice is to not get EK blocks or EK SE rads as they are pretty meh.

for cases it depends on what you are looking for, Define R6/S2 are nice, the Define/Meshify C if you want something compact or the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic if you want something that shows off your parts well.

Ouch, my whole build is EK, do you have any recommendations for better parts around the same price or maybe lower?

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Also, do you think it's worth it to custom water cool the GPU, or should I downgrade a custom CPU loop to save money?

to me it always seems a little weird to buy midrange parts and watercool them.. why not buy better parts ? Just want to do it for the looks and fun ?

1 minute ago, ImAyaanKhan said:

Ouch, my whole build is EK, do you have any recommendations for better parts around the same price or maybe lower?

Watercool is the brand i recommend for blocks as they are the top performers and dont usually cost more than the EK ones, any rads besides the SE from EK are nice, the SE are just low performance so i dont like them.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, chen57 said:

to me it always seems a little weird to buy midrange parts and watercool them.. why not buy better parts ? Just want to do it for the looks and fun ?

I'm on budget, so I can't go for high end parts

Also, do you think it's worth it to custom water cool the GPU, or should I downgrade a custom CPU loop to save money?

i wouldnt watercool any of this. i would spend the money on better performance, a nice screen or something to that effect unless you REALLY want to do watercooling. The watercooling wont be doing much for performance and will be just a looks thing really

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

i wouldnt watercool any of this. i would spend the money on better performance, a nice screen or something to that effect unless you REALLY want to do watercooling. The watercooling wont be doing much for performance and will be just a looks thing really

I'm not really doing this for performance, I'm doing this to gain experience, and the PC is going to be built to be sold on ebay, too, so that I don't waste my parent's money doing this

I think you should probably start off with an AIO. I know some people see water-cooling and want to go all out on a custom loop, it's only after a few weeks that they start to feel uncomfortable with the set-up and decide that they don't like it.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I think you should probably start off with an AIO. I know some people see water-cooling and want to go all out on a custom loop, it's only after a few weeks that they start to feel uncomfortable with the set-up and decide that they don't like it.

Again, I'm only doing this for experience, and I'm going to be selling this PC on ebay

Just now, ImAyaanKhan said:

Again, I'm only doing this for experience, and I'm going to be selling this PC on ebay

If you are selling it on Ebay, you should probably stick to air cooling. 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

no dont buy an AIO, AIOs are trash.

2 minutes ago, ImAyaanKhan said:

I'm not really doing this for performance, I'm doing this to gain experience, and the PC is going to be built to be sold on ebay, too, so that I don't waste my parent's money doing this

you wont be getting back what the loop cost once you flip it

Builds:

Spoiler

I get it, you just want to do it for the experience.  

If that's the case, then don't worry about high end water cooling parts.  Mid range water cooling gear to go with your mid range CPU/GPU/MOBO/Case will be fine.

The EK stuff isn't the best, but it's not bad.  Also, their configuration website makes it east to get parts that fit.

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Not all of them are 'trash'. 

زندگی از چراغ

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I get it, you just want to do it for the experience.  

If that's the case, then don't worry about high end water cooling parts.  Mid range water cooling gear to go with your mid range CPU/GPU/MOBO/Case will be fine.

The EK stuff isn't the best, but it's not bad.  Also, their configuration website makes it east to get parts that fit.

So you're saying I should go forward with my current sheet then? That's awesome

Not all of them are 'trash'. 

Meh, I've heard a lot about pumps on AIOs breaking after a month. It's always the pump wherever I go.

So you're saying I should go forward with my current sheet then? That's awesome

It will work.  I'd add another stick of RAM though.

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you wont be getting back what the loop cost once you flip it

Also, I've noticed that people on ebay care more about aesthetics than performance, though that's probably because they're uninformed. If I don't break even, I still believe I can get a good chunk back

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

It will work.  I'd add another stick of RAM though.

as in 2x8gb or 2x4gb?

Just now, ImAyaanKhan said:

Meh, I've heard a lot about pumps on AIOs breaking after a month. It's always the pump wherever I go.

Most pumps fail because they have been set at constant 100% speed, ideally they should throttle up and down. 

زندگی از چراغ

Most pumps fail because they have been set at constant 100% speed, ideally they should throttle up and down. 

Which means that if I get one, I have to download their utility software (which will most likely be glitchy), and fully customize the speed, and then hope I acted fast enough. Sounds convenient. (Sarcasm intended)

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

if you can't afford 2x8 then 2x4 will perform better than 1x8.  

Alright, I'll compare prices between the two