if i get the screen on my iPhone replaced will my issue go away?

Ashleyyyy

My iPhone 7 has a crack at the top right of the screen (my mom dropped it :(). it's had it since i've owned it. she literally dropped it when we were picking it up (i bought it used) and i've always had this stupid issue with the touchscreen not working if i turn the display on, and then i have to turn the display on and off a few times before it will work.

since the battery is also getting quite bad i'm thinking of sending it to Apple to get the display and battery replaced. however i'd lose my phone for a while and if it doesn't fix this problem it's IMO not worth it. so will replacing the display fix this issue?

She/Her

It probably would fix it. I'd ask apple though, that way if it doesn't work, then they get to fix it because they said it would.

I don't believe iphones run the digitizer when they're sleeping, so maybe turning the screen on and off restarts the digitizer's circuitry, hence why it eventually works

5 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I don't believe iphones run the digitizer when they're sleeping, so maybe turning the screen on and off restarts the digitizer's circuitry, hence why it eventually works

i highly doubt mine runs it while the screen is off. iirc the newer one's (X and Xs) have a tap to wake function but iirc mine doesn't have that.

7 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

It probably would fix it. I'd ask apple though, that way if it doesn't work, then they get to fix it because they said it would.

sure. i'll call them first then. i need to get a cheap iPhone (probably a 5s) used anyway to use while my 7 is being fixed. si it'll take a while before i send it in.

She/Her

27 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i highly doubt mine runs it while the screen is off. iirc the newer one's (X and Xs) have a tap to wake function but iirc mine doesn't have that.

6s and newer has tap to wake.

EDIT: I could've sworn my 6s+ had it when I upgraded to iOS 11, but maybe it doesn't? Maybe I'm thinking of raise to wake.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.