I've had an idea and i dont know where to put it.

Hi all.

I have had an idea regarding a custom led room/under desk lighting system which I am planning to build. and I am starting this discussion to find out where I should put this in the forum and if its something people will be interested in, should it all work. 

I want to custom make an addressable RGB lighting kit for under my desk and under some shelves, my idea is to start with a Corsair lighting node pro, as I have one I am not using at the moment, and convert it into an external standalone led controller which can be connected to a pc via USB and use Corsair's iCUE software to control it as I already have that ecosystem in place on my current build. (6 Corsair ML fans, 3 RGB 120mm, and 3 plain uncolored 140mm all controlled by a Corsair Commander PRO)

I have seen a few attempts at using the controller externally but I want to take it a step further by using generic addressable led lights and creating a new enclosure to house everything using my 3d printer.

The post I want to create will be a sort of log to how it's going as well as a guide to anyone wanting to do something similar (if it works) and also to post any materials I use during the project (wiring diagrams, 3d drawings, and other such things)

Thanks.

joesoap4465

I think you're looking for Build Logs.

EDIT: Even if you post it and it ends up being in the wrong section, the mods will move it to the appropriate section.

~Air Cooling Advocate~