Upgraded to a SSD and need help with the old HDD

Hail_Storm

A friend got me a 120GB SSD to boot off of and also upgrade to Windows 10. I set it all up and there was enough space on the drive to also put Steam, Adobe CC, and other programs. Now I still have the old HDD boot drive with Windows 7, which I'd like to use for storage and want to delete all unnecessary programs/files, but I don't want to have to reinstall all my games since there isn't enough room on the SSD anyway.

Can anyone tell me if that is possible and if so, how to do it? (Games are from Steam, Origin, and Battle.net; plus a couple from CDs)

Thanks ?

For steam, just click it will discover the existing files for your game. If not then you can set it up in Setting - Downloads - Content libraries.

The same goes for other platforms.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

Just now, Hail_Storm said:

A friend got me a 120GB SSD to boot off of and also upgrade to Windows 10. I set it all up and there was enough space on the drive to also put Steam, Adobe CC, and other programs. Now I still have the old HDD boot drive with Windows 7, which I'd like to use for storage and want to delete all unnecessary programs/files, but I don't want to have to reinstall all my games since there isn't enough room on the SSD anyway.

Can anyone tell me if that is possible and if so, how to do it? (Games are from Steam, Origin, and Battle.net; plus a couple from CDs)

Thanks ?

Do you have an external device that you can temporarily put the games on? If so for move the folders that contain the games you don't want to reinstall to that external drive, then wipe your HDD, have Steam and Origin create the library folders they need, then move all the steam games to the new steam folder, the origin games to their respective folders, while for Battle.Net games just move their folders to the root of the drive or a folder if you want since Battle.net doesn't need any special folders for games from there , while for your CD games you can move them to the root of the drive or a folder and then create shortcuts to your desktop via the .exe but these games won't show up in control panel. Finally for Steam make sure you fully close it then open it and if it hasn't already picked up the games try downloading them to the HDD and it should pick up the files for the game, for origin it is likely the same thing, and Battle.Net go to Options -> Instillation Folders and have it search for games or you can manually point to where it is.

Note: Now that I think about I'm not that sure about my directions regarding Origin games but the rest should be right