Broken pin on Ryzen 7 2700x help!!!

So recently i decided to change the thermal paste of my Ryzen 7 2700x cause the stock cooler one had bad temps. When i tried to remove the cooler i noticed it was kind stucked so i tried with small moves to remove the cooler when suddenly it came out with the cpu on it. When i saw it i checked the pins and found many bend pins so i straightened then but then i saw one pin had broke. And i strated freaking out so i put the cpu back in and opened the pc hoping it will work and it did. But in every game i went into i started getting blue screen errors. So for some reason i decided to open uefi and put the RAM mhz from 3200 to 2933 and after i did that the blue screens stopped and had no problem without any effect on my system. So should i leave it like this since it is okay or pay someone to fix the broken pin ?

My PC specs are:

Cpu: ryzen 7 2700x

Gpu: Asus rog strix vega 64

Ram: G.skill trident z rgb 16gb 3200 mhz

Psu: Coolermaster V650 gold plus

Mobo: Asrock fatal1ty b450 gaming k4

SSD: Samsung 860 evo 500gb

HDD: WD blue 1tb 7200rpm

The broken pin is possibly still in the socket and maybe still making contact, although very unlikely.

I'm of the mindset of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I bent pins on my FX 8320 years ago the exact same way. Straightened them out just good enough so it would fit into the socketa and voila, it worked. Never pulled it out of the socket again and it still works today.

If by some odd chance you have the broken pin with you just put it in a bag and roll with it for now. Should be fine.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

5 minutes ago, Zetsuu said:

So for some reason i decided to open uefi and put the RAM mhz from 3200 to 2933 and after i did that the blue screens stopped and had no problem without any effect on my system

If everything seems fine, I wouldn't bother trying to fix the CPU. Just don't overclock the CPU or RAM.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Unless you already know a guy chances are you won't find anyone offering PGA repair. If you have the pin you can line it up with what hole it belongs in, put it in, and hope for the best.

As far as leaving it as it is though. I don't think you have many options outside of doing so. I don't think AMD offers warranty on broken pins. You'll end up buying another CPU to "fix" it.

6 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

The broken pin is possibly still in the socket and maybe still making contact, although very unlikely.

I'm of the mindset of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I bent pins on my FX 8320 years ago the exact same way. Straightened them out just good enough so it would fit into the socketa and voila, it worked. Never pulled it out of the socket again and it still works today.

If by some odd chance you have the broken pin with you just put it in a bag and roll with it for now. Should be fine.

Well the pin is not inside the socket and i have it stored in a safe place

7 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

If everything seems fine, I wouldn't bother trying to fix the CPU. Just don't overclock the CPU or RAM.

Well the thing is the RAM clock normally is at 3200 mhz i just scaled it down to 2933 mhz and it has no impact at all. And i am not planning on OC the Cpu. 

8 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Unless you already know a guy chances are you won't find anyone offering PGA repair. If you have the pin you can line it up with what hole it belongs in, put it in, and hope for the best.

As far as leaving it as it is though. I don't think you have many options outside of doing so. I don't think AMD offers warranty on broken pins. You'll end up buying another CPU to "fix" it.

Well my pc works just fine even om heavy load now. And i do have the pin but i am thinking that putting inside the socket might cause problems to the mobo if by any chances stack inside it.

7 minutes ago, Pepe Le Spooder said:

Some cpus have reduntant pins that just supply extra for if their overclocking or grounding. Probably got really lucky and broke one of those

And that's the reason also that it cause my pc to crash when ram runs at 3200mhz ?

Could have been a pin for the memory controller which with the reduntant pins was allowing it to acheive a better clock, as soon as one of the reduntant pins was removed it probably became unstable at that clock but stable still at lower.

Or it could have been a power pin which decreased voltage slightly on a section of the chip causing the clock to become unstable

4 minutes ago, Pepe Le Spooder said:

Could have been a pin for the memory controller which with the reduntant pins was allowing it to acheive a better clock, as soon as one of the reduntant pins was removed it probably became unstable at that clock but stable still at lower.

Or it could have been a power pin which decreased voltage slightly on a section of the chip causing the clock to become unstable

I see so it is a good sign that it still works just fine without any issues with performance. Btw since i am using the stock cooler and vega 64 kinda gets to hot at some games should i get a liquid cooler for the cpu so vega's temps doesn't affect the temp of the cpu so much ?

1 minute ago, Zetsuu said:

I see so it is a good sign that it still works just fine without any issues with performance. Btw since i am using the stock cooler and vega 64 kinda gets to hot at some games should i get a liquid cooler for the cpu so vega's temps doesn't affect the temp of the cpu so much ?

It's really up to you i personally am using a noctua nh d 15 but a custom loop would be fine, But i wouldnt reccomend an aio they would heat up fast , Unless you get a sufficently big enough one to disperse the heat fast enough

With an smaller aio your gonna see good temps at the start that slowly start to get worse if it doesnt have a rad that can keep up with it

2 minutes ago, Pepe Le Spooder said:

It's really up to you i personally am using a noctua nh d 15 but a custom loop would be fine, But i wouldnt reccomend an aio they would heat up fast , Unless you get a sufficently big enough one to disperse the heat fast enough

With an smaller aio your gonna see good temps at the start that slowly start to get worse if it doesnt have a rad that can keep up with it

Well i was thinking about a coolermaster cooler with dual fan radiators.