Ryzen 7 pcie lanes Question

I read that ryzen lane platform configuration is 16 for PCI-E, 4 for M.2, and 4 for the chipset.

If I have one dedicated GPU,  A Nvme ssd 3000 read and write in the dedicated nvme motherboard slot,  can I add a pcie 3.0 x4 nvme expansion slot with a nvme ssd with 3000 read and writes and get fill speed on this ssd?

Can I add a x16 nvme expansion card and have 2 nvme ssds rated at 3000 read and write speed and have both of them run at full speed (along with the main ssd in the motherboard)

In my mind I am thinking that If I add one more nvme ssd through expansion card than the lanes can handle the graphics card x16 slot will go to x8 to free up some lanes for the new nvme ssd?  Or is that incorrect

Another question is about this x16 pcie 3.0 x 4 expansion card that has 4 nvme slots,  is each single slot pcie 3.0x4 bandwith  or all the slot together combined equaling 3.0x4 bandwith?

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-M-2-X16-V2-Threadripper/dp/B07NQBQB6Z

8 minutes ago, zFox said:

I read that ryzen lane platform configuration is 16 for PCI-E, 4 for M.2, and 4 for the chipset.

Correct

All those are PCIe 3.0

If I have one dedicated GPU,  A Nvme ssd 3000 read and write in the dedicated nvme motherboard slot,  can I add a pcie 3.0 x4 nvme expansion slot with a nvme ssd with 3000 read and writes and get fill speed on this ssd?

Yes, Latency is a bit higher, goes through the chipset. But you still get the full read/write speed (though I'd recommend putting the faster NVME SSD on the CPU)

Can I add a x16 nvme expansion card and have 2 nvme ssds rated at 3000 read and write speed and have both of them run at full speed (along with the main ssd in the motherboard)

That's not necessarily supported but it could work, in theory.
In reality? No idea.

But my Boards have the Option for an m.2 Card, but only for the primary x16 slot, no idea if that works in the secondary with 2 SSDs.

One should work though.

In my mind I am thinking that If I add one more nvme ssd through expansion card than the lanes can handle the graphics card x16 slot will go to x8 to free up some lanes for the new nvme ssd?  Or is that incorrect

In theory it is correct and, in theory, it could work.

Another question is about this x16 pcie 3.0 x 4 expansion card that has 4 nvme slots,  is each single slot pcie 3.0x4 bandwith  or all the slot together combined equaling 3.0x4 bandwith?

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-M-2-X16-V2-Threadripper/dp/B07NQBQB6Z

each has x4 but there is no switch so the Motherboard has to support lane splitting...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Correct

All those are PCIe 3.0

Yes, Latency is a bit higher, goes through the chipset. But you still get the full read/write speed (though I'd recommend putting the faster NVME SSD on the CPU)

That's not necessarily supported but it could work, in theory.
In reality? No idea.

But my Boards have the Option for an m.2 Card, but only for the primary x16 slot, no idea if that works in the secondary with 2 SSDs.

One should work though.

In theory it is correct and, in theory, it could work.

each has x4 but there is no switch so the Motherboard has to support lane splitting...

Motherboard is a Asus rog strix x370-f

6 minutes ago, zFox said:

Motherboard is a Asus rog strix x370-f

Condolences.

It consumes around 15-20W more than other Boards such as the Biostar X370GT7 or MSI B450I.

I have the same Board...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"