Asus TUF gaming or Asus RoG Strix?

Currently looking for a budget gaming laptop. Mostly playing esport title such as apex, fortnite, LoL and csgo. currently debating between getting a asus rog strix g with i5 and 1650 or asus tuf gaming with ryzen 7 and 1660ti. Any suggestion?

12 minutes ago, Zaphryx said:

Well, from what I've heard along the grapevine, the TUF gaming line QC can be a bit spotty, but if that's the difference between a 1650 and a 1660ti, I would highly recommend the TUF. Make sure it has a display that can output higher than 60hz, and preferably IPS.

does the ryzen 7 on tuf bottleneck the gpu tho ?

FX505 cannot handle the heat of 1660TI, build material also feels cheap. You will get less gaming performance too compared to Intel counterparts due to lower IPC+potential buggy Vega iGPU driver+potential PCIe lanes issue

Why Asus only? Where are you from? Budget? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

6 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

FX505 cannot handle the heat of 1660TI, build material also feels cheap. You will get less gaming performance too compared to Intel counterparts due to lower IPC+potential buggy Vega iGPU driver+potential PCIe lanes issue

Why Asus only? Where are you from? Budget? Any preference on weight and battery life?

my budget is around 1100 dollar. looking for 2.5kg below and around 5 hours battery life with normal usage

29 minutes ago, bryntn said:

my budget is around 1100 dollar

Which country are you from?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Which country are you from?

malaysia

1 hour ago, bryntn said:

malaysia

Hi from Malaysia

Budget in RM?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Hi from Malaysia

Budget in RM?

budget in rm is around RM4300 

13 minutes ago, bryntn said:

budget in rm is around RM4300 

For that budget you'll be looking into 1650 laptop. So far there are only 2 decent models - Illegear Raven or Level51 Forge 15

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, GeneXiS_X said:

For that budget you'll be looking into 1650 laptop. So far there are only 2 decent models - Illegear Raven or Level51 Forge 15

how bout the rog strix g line?

1 minute ago, bryntn said:

how bout the rog strix g line?

No reviews, cannot comment. Though if you're buying Asus, you need to be aware of their poor QC and bad warranty support

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

No reviews, cannot comment. Though if you're buying Asus, you need to be aware of their poor QC and bad warranty support

because in my area, asus is widely available.. compared to illegear and level 51... is 1650 laptop worth it tho? because the rog strix g comes with i5 1650 and 120hz panel at rm3799 ?

10 hours ago, bryntn said:

because in my area, asus is widely available.. compared to illegear and level 51... is 1650 laptop worth it tho? because the rog strix g comes with i5 1650 and 120hz panel at rm3799 ?

I also from Malaysia bro. Choose model not brand. Don't take the risk of getting the Asus unless there is a proper review out (QC, warranty, no reviews).

1650>1050TI. I have reviewed Raven and Forgee 15 so no worries

120Hz panel in it is probably a low sRGB with poor contrast one (can be found in their Ryzen gaming laptops). You can get Raven with same spec but 144Hz IPS for lower price

Desktop specs:

Spoiler