Planning to sell old desktop rig, not sure which way is best.

I'm planning to sell my desktop setup to pay for a lower end laptop. I'll be going to uni in a year or two so a desktop is really inconvenient, a laptop less so. Don't plan on buying a high-end laptop, again this is only for uni. Gaming isn't really my thing any more. Thinking along the lines of an older ThinkPad with plenty of RAM and a solid quadcore.

My desktop is old, specs below. I don't know what would be the best way to sell it. My options are:

• sell it as a gaming rig
  • sell it as a workstation in its current state
  • sell it as an office computer with a smaller slim case and sell the PSU and GPU separately (they won't fit in a slim case)
  • part it out completely, doubt all parts will sell.

Below are the specs of the current machine as is:

• AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.2GHz - (manufactured in 2010, got plenty of life in it, solid CPU but definitely won't sell as a CPU on its own.)
  • ASUS M4A78-LTM micro atx board - (unlikely to sell on its own, again in good condition.)
  • ASUS GTX750TI - (definitely no market for these things so won't sell on its own, best off inside a desktop I guess)
  • WD Blue 1TB @7200rpm - (it's about 4 years old so going to be on its last legs, I can afford to buy a small low capacity SSD which would be more appropriate if selling as an office computer)
  • Corsair CS450M - (80+ Gold rate, semi-modular. Don't know how long these last but  might sell on its own.)
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo - (got it a few months ago to help with thermal throttling when gaming, basically new.)
  • NZXT H230 Black - (this case is out of production, no side window, sound insulation on panels, the top is lightly scuffed)
  • 4GB DDR3 Corsair XMS3 @1600MHz 2x2 - (is there even a market for this anymore?)
  • 4GB DDR3 Kingston @1600MHz 2x2 - (ditto)
  • 2 Corsair AF120 fans

Other components I've got lying around:

• Antex Minuet Micro-ATX slim case with 350W 80+ Bronze Power supply - (this could fit most of the components except GPU, with an SSD might sell as an office computer, I don't know. Won't really sell on its own, I doubt it)
  • Akasa cooler - (cooler that was on before I changed to the Cooler Master.)

Another thing to note, the Hyper 212 will need to be sold on its own as I can't actually fit the side panel on the desktop, it's too tall.

So that's that. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the most money out of these dated components. Parting out might sell some but not most of the components; probably will not sell as a low end gaming rig (maybe some dumb kid buys it but it's by no means flashy looking); could be sold as a workstation with the GPU and HDD (it runs Fusion360 well, runs and renders in blender fairly well with the correct settings); could be sold as an office computer in the small case with an SSD and then the GPU, large case and PSU separate;;

Any suggestions?

Sorry for the long post.

Hmm yeah, I didn't think of Fortnite. Don't play it myself but could download it to give it a test run. PC runs GTAV pretty well, CSGO and Minecraft very well. Those are fairly popular genres amongst kids. I'll try that.

I think you could probably list if as a minecraft/fortnite machine and pull in 175-250 for it USD.

The parts on their own are worth much, but having it all together and posting some fps numbers for fornite will probably land you 250ish for it.

The problem is you will be competing with retired workstations with a 1050 or 1050ti tossed in them for 250-350. 

That's why I asked the post. I know my components are dated and having looked on ebay all the systems have an equal amount of RAM or more, generally faster RAM, more up to date CPUs and 10th gen GPUs, normally 1050s or 1060s all for around $300-400.

I'm just trying to get rid of the desktop now before I'd have to pay someone to take it away.

As someone who is also trying to sell his PC... (the one in my signature), I can tell you... You're not going to get much out of it by parting it.
Currently I'll be getting maybe 20$ CAD for the 16GB of RAM when the auction ends in 5 days... nobody wants the CPU, motherboard or even the GPU for some reason...

So you'd be better off selling it as a whole package locally on craigslist or kijiji or some other marketplace.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

the cpu and mobo might sell as a combo.

is that Phenom a black edition? if it's a nice overclocking chip that can reach a good frequency it could sell on it's own if you have a way of verifying that.

She/Her

Not a black edition, as far as I know, it was a stock OEM tray since I got it out of an older desktop computer that a local university was giving away for free.

Edit: besides nobody in their right mind would want to overclock this bugger, it used to idle at 50C before I slapped on a Hyper 212, now idles at 30. You'd probably fry the chip. 

As others have said I'm probably best off selling it as a low end gaming rig with the words "fortnite and minecraft and gtaV" somewhere in the tittle. Probably gonna try Gumtree first then maybe eBay.