Looking for an adaptive sync monitor

mattdmg

I am looking for an adaptive sync monitor but cannot find a good one myself. I have a GTX 1070 and i7 4790k.

All I would want from a monitor is

adaptive sync (would a "g-sync compatible" Freesync monitor be ideal?)

>144hz

1080p

24"

1ms

I would want it at least under $350

this is probably your best bet in terms of value its a TN, 1ms, 144hz, 1080p, with a stand that has height adjust, swivel, pivot, and tilt, is Free-sync with G-sync certification so its guaranteed work with AMD and Nvidia cards (so yes free sync with g-sync compatible is the best IMHO), and all for $200 https://www.amazon.com/Acer-XFA240-bmjdpr-Response-Technology/dp/B06ZYHZ6R6/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1FQ16LLL104F9&keywords=144hz+monitor&qid=1559463371&s=gateway&sprefix=144%2Caps%2C161&sr=8-3

8 hours ago, ARandomGui said:

I ordered this last night. It’s the cheapest g-sync monitor on PCPartPicket because it’s “renewed.” Should I stick with the g-sync or save $70 and not run the risk of getting a bad refurb. 

Nvidia’s marketing has made me want g-sync over g-sync compatible. 

The only thing holding me back from g-sync compatible is the adaptive sync framerate range. And all the over “certifications” Nvidia gives the g-sync monitors 

Did I make a bad choice or should I save a buck and not buy into Nvidia’s marketing? 

(I replied on my phone which I am logged into a diff account. Didn’t notice till now)

from what I know g-sync and g-sync compatible are almost identical in terms of performance but if u want to get a g-sync monitor it is a pretty good buy and the refurbisher is Acer certified so you should be good