Stereo to mono in real time?

gumalt

Hey, peeps so I'm having some issues with a new microphone I acquired.

I bought the Rode NT-1 condenser microphone with the xlr output and I wanted it mainly to use for gaming and speaking with other people in-game.

But I've run into a problem that my voice is only being heard through the left channel. (or the right if I switch it)

So the chain is this: Rode NT-1 (xlr) -> Focusrite scarlet 2i2 (usb) ->(via usb connection) PC.

My question is, how do I convert my microphone to a mono signal in REAL TIME?

it's already mono , just use a 3.5mm splitter into a stereo 3.5mm jack and run it into the microphone input on the computer

4 minutes ago, gumalt said:

Hey, peeps so I'm having some issues with a new microphone I acquired.

I bought the Rode NT-1 condenser microphone with the xlr output and I wanted it mainly to use for gaming and speaking with other people in-game.

But I've run into a problem that my voice is only being heard through the left channel. (or the right if I switch it)

So the chain is this: Rode NT-1 (xlr) -> Focusrite scarlet 2i2 (usb) ->(via usb connection) PC.

My question is, how do I convert my microphone to a mono signal in REAL TIME?

Sounds like it's being recorded on a stereo input bus. You'll want to make sure that your mono microphone is being recorded on a mono input bus, which will allow you to either duplicate the audio to left & right channels, or use panning to achieve the same result. No need for physical audio splitters, unless the software you're using doesn't support manually configuring input buses... Then it's time to find new software.

More details can be found here, but you'll need to figure out how to do this on your particular hardware / software setup.

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=81946

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

it's already mono , just use a 3.5mm splitter into a stereo 3.5mm jack and run it into the microphone input on the computer

preview.thumb.jpg.05a9861fb0cb90688f70a3f200f4697c.jpgYou mean something like this yes?

yeah that'll do

if it doesn't then just use another splitter from the working output into that cable

23 hours ago, emosun said:

yeah that'll do

if it doesn't then just use another splitter from the working output into that cable

So it doesn't work properly, it recognises the signal, but it's not making it into an actual sound, only into like an electrical buzz ie if I pop into the mic three times it comes out as 3 electric buzzes so to speak